Re: Marvin Minsky 'blasts' AI research in Wired

| > It's easy to do such because everything can be stated via simple 3-D | > Trigonometry within such a 3-D set of real numbers. [An Homage to
| > Decartes.] Just calculate relative-distances, and animate in accord | > with the physically-real energy-flow that is WDB2T. | > | > The 'problem' with respect to doing this in a machine, of course, is | > that a machine implementation has to do it in an 'idealized' way, and | > a machine that's founded in 'parcelization' cannot, and never will, | > do such in any way that approaches the information-processing Power | > of nervous systems, be-cause nervous systems just do it Continuously | > :-] | > | > | For a continuous model | > | of computation to be "true" however and | > | not just a theoretical exercise, we should | > | be able to perform arithmetic operations | > | on real numbers in the physical system | > | of computation. Is that possible? (I know | > | modern physics mainly through popular | > | science articles so please be gentle) | > | > As immediately-above - simple 3-D Trigonometry. | | !!! | | how so? | | Cheers, | | __ | Eray Ozkural
Hi Eray,
It's easiest to start with simple cases.
I'll follow-up with a little Qbasic program.
[Gotta dig it out of its archive.]
Until I find it, if you read this before I do, ponder that 3-D Trigonometry does Map 3-D Continuity from any point to Infinity [seems so 'common-sensical' as to be a, "So what?", but there exists True-Wonder stuff in-there.]
Cheers, ken [K. P. Collins]