Robo Mow

Any of you reversered engineered a Robo Mow by friendly robotics? I am trying to figure out how it works and find a way to wire into the circuit board to
control it.
Tim
Nobody out there has a roboMow they have taken apart? This is a cool robot that has alot of uses other than cutting the grass.
If this is the robot lawn mower for the yard, I know a guy that did it a few years ago. Perhaps it would make a good article for SERVO magazine? I apologize that I don't know anything about this Robo Mow...
Dan
Trkeenan wrote:

I am looking forward to the Servo Magazine. I am supprissed that noone has taken a Robo Mow apart and reversered engineerined one.
Tim
Greetings,
Trkeenan wrote:

When I had the case off of mine to paint it I decided reverse engineering wouldn't be worth the effort. The sensors appeared self explanatory & just getting rid of the *huge* motherboard & replacing it with a PIC would be much easier.
I had assumed all the brains were in the hand held bit. Absolutely amazing how big the MB is!
--
Kyle A. York
Sr. Subordinate Grunt
Trkeenan wrote:

Ladybug :) I'm still looking for a couple of the eyes-on-spring things to put on it to *really* confuse people. If I ever get a video of it I'll post the link.
I didn't bother to modify it -- my wife would shoot me if I broke something that cost this much. Just from the looks of it though I'd say you could remove PC board, hook it up to something like a MarkIII controller & have all of the brains in the hand unit. I'd also change the hand unit controller to use a joystick or something as it's *very* difficult to steer.
I would *love* to know what possible use some of the setup is -- like having to calibrate it! What??? That's done anywhere so it's not something needed by the loop sensors.
I suppose the POST is looking for the guide wire, though even that takes an awfully long time.
Maybe when I finish my driveway sweeper I'll take another look at it.
--
Kyle A. York
Sr. Subordinate Grunt