Robo Mow

Any of you reversered engineered a Robo Mow by friendly robotics? I am trying to figure out how it works and find a way to wire into the circuit board to control it.

Tim

Reply to
Trkeenan

Nobody out there has a roboMow they have taken apart? This is a cool robot that has alot of uses other than cutting the grass.

Reply to
Trkeenan

If this is the robot lawn mower for the yard, I know a guy that did it a few years ago. Perhaps it would make a good article for SERVO magazine? I apologize that I don't know anything about this Robo Mow...

Dan

Trkeenan wrote:

Reply to
Dan Danknick

I am looking forward to the Servo Magazine. I am supprissed that noone has taken a Robo Mow apart and reversered engineerined one.

Tim

Reply to
Trkeenan

When I had the case off of mine to paint it I decided reverse engineering wouldn't be worth the effort. The sensors appeared self explanatory & just getting rid of the *huge* motherboard & replacing it with a PIC would be much easier.

I had assumed all the brains were in the hand held bit. Absolutely amazing how big the MB is!

Reply to
kyle york

Did you modify your unit any? I would like to be able to tap into the wire sensors to creat my own wire following technics.

What color did you change to body to?

Tim

Reply to
Trkeenan

Ladybug :) I'm still looking for a couple of the eyes-on-spring things to put on it to *really* confuse people. If I ever get a video of it I'll post the link.

I didn't bother to modify it -- my wife would shoot me if I broke something that cost this much. Just from the looks of it though I'd say you could remove PC board, hook it up to something like a MarkIII controller & have all of the brains in the hand unit. I'd also change the hand unit controller to use a joystick or something as it's *very* difficult to steer.

I would *love* to know what possible use some of the setup is -- like having to calibrate it! What??? That's done anywhere so it's not something needed by the loop sensors.

I suppose the POST is looking for the guide wire, though even that takes an awfully long time.

Maybe when I finish my driveway sweeper I'll take another look at it.

Reply to
kyle york