Ultrasonics ... acoustic trasparent materials?

Being new to ultrasonic cicuitry ... I was just wondering ... I am playing around with some ultrasonic ideas. I want the finished project to be somewhat asthetically pleasing, and was wondering if ultrasonic receivers can be covered with any types of materials without too much deterioration in performance.

Any info would be appreciated.

John R.

JP Rahn

Any material with a weave that's smaller than the wavefronts of the sound is going to impact performance. At 40 kHz, that's just about anything, except maybe fishnet stockings. You can try some speaker fabric, which is less dense than ordinary fabric, to see if it has much of an effect.

-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases (Forthcoming) Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza

Reply to
Gordon McComb