Robo-One Parts

    --I thot the original concept of this was that the patterns were freely downloadable, but I have yet to find a link to a site that has
them. IIRC when I talked with a Robo One builder last year he said that one could literally print out the parts, glue the paper to sheet aluminum and, basically cut (mill?) on the dotted line, then bend the same way. Is this not an option? Harrumph.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Thanks to the Internet we're
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : now "literate" barbarians...

aluminum
Is
I could not find the patterns, but I made some of my own, bought some large avery labels, printed them out, stuck them on some aluminum stock and made my cuts. The idea is good, but the reality of implementation is difficult. Even using a center punch for the drill holes and a vice mount metal break for the bends, I found it almost impossible to get accurate spacing and bends. I ended up taking my home made parts to a local sheet metal fab shop and having them make them for me. Things improved greatly my home versions when I bought a Roland MDX-15 desktop mill. (read as $$$) You still have to make the bends though. In order to get very accurate bends, I used the mill to etch a .001 inch groove to guide the bend. I now have VERY accurate parts. Still they are labor intensive and if I can get the fab shop to do it real cheap like then that is still a better way for me to go.
--Steve
Found the patterns or at least some patterens here.
http://home.earthlink.net/~apendragn/biped /

Robovie-M is pretty cool. It walks just like and looks like a chimp. Long arms almost scraping the floor, used for dynamic balance.
http://www.vstone.co.jp/e/rt01e.htm
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com =====================