Hobbytowns

different sizes. stock seems to follow interests of employees. the vegas store has lots of kits and lots of rc. some fantasy games.

2 guys are modelers, the manager does rc.

Are all their stores the same?.Size wise,inventory wise?.Or does each stores stock vary alot?.

Reply to
teem

Reply to
eyeball

eyeball answered:

That's how the one in western New York is, pretty good selection, but MSRP + as much as 20%. Fortunately, I have a couple of other places to go if I really need something now, like paint or filler.

Reply to
The Old Man

It really depends on the market in their area as to what they stock. And I suppose what the owners/staff are able to sell based on their interests. The Vegas store from what I understand is the biggest selling store. There are small stores and rather large ones too. Ours in Oshkosh, has three indoor tracks for r/c cars (including dirt), a rather good selection of models and related building materials. They also do a good business in r/c air, railroad, etc. Truely a very well stocked and versitle store.

Reply to
bluumule

i guess we're lucky. the vegas one is a bit under msrp and has good tag sales. i got the natchbox reissue bf 110, (a really nice kit, considering, lots of options.) for $4 off the regular $9.99 price. every once in a while they go really crazy and blow the slow sellers out for $1.99! got a dented and no cello airfix dambuster for that. best thibg about them is the model section. one entire corner of the store. that's 2 full length shelves crammed full. one of them is almost all ac. with shipping cost, it's a bargain. i go to vegas once a month and always stop by. there is one entire locked case about 14' long full of pe, resin and conversion kits. those are pricey, but where aren't they? i you're in vegas, check them out, they're on sahara in the circuit city strip mall. i don't have any link to them, or get anything for this.

Sure you do! You shop there and you want to see the place stay in business.

You'rer lucky too! Ours has little or no PE, only a few decal sheets and your Bf.110 is running for $14.95. I only go there when I absolutely need something that I don't want to go to my main supplier (Niagara Hobbies - about a fifteen minute drive on the NYS Thruway) and am willing to make the five minute trip via sidestreets there. Last time was about six months ago in a moderate snow storm (read blizzard for desert dwellers 8-D) Ask them about new releases and their answer is "Don't know, come back next week and maybe we'll have it in stock...." Repeated the following week with: "Don't know, come back next week and maybe we'll have it in stock...." Et Cetera But maybe I'm just being bitter.....

Reply to
The Old Man

i don't think i could influence their business at all. sorry yours sucks....

Well,there are 2 in my general area,1 more if I want to haul it down to pittz.Wonder if I call them if i'd get an honest answer on the kind of kits they have.why is radio control so popular?.how can that undermind model kit building?,going to check online for models is getting old.

Reply to
teem