robosapien question about batteries?

Hi all,

I bought a robospaien for my son for x-mas. All of my other battery powered devices I run on rechargable nimh batteries. However, I read that the robosapien requires akaline D cells for ballast and that ni-cad's can possibly overload it's motor driver?

What about nimh? I'm sure they don't have the same density as akaline. Has anyone used these successfully? Is there some way to protect the robosapien's electronics from being overloaded?

Thanks,

Zander

Reply to
Zander

: I bought a robospaien for my son for x-mas. All of my other battery : powered devices I run on rechargable nimh batteries. However, I read that : the robosapien requires akaline D cells for ballast and that ni-cad's can : possibly overload it's motor driver?

FWIW, I bought a Robosapien for my son for X-mas back in mid-Sept. It's still on it's first set of batteries and get's fairly heavy use.

If I recall, the Servo review said you could get 18 hours continuous use out of a set of D cells. I wouldn't bother with rechargeables.

Reply to
Christopher X. Candreva