I need a piezoresistive strain sensor (changes its resistivity when elongated). I found one here: http://www.robotstoreuk.com/SENSORS%2BVISION/MerlinStretchSensor/MerStretchSensor-2.htm
The problem is, that this fiber is too thick for my application because I have to measure strain with a very low force. I suppose the above fiber is made of carbon loaded silicone rubber (CLR for short). Does anyone know a producer of such conducting rubber fibers?
Thanks a lot
Christof dehnrm at ife.ee.ethz.ch
"Christof Kueng" <dehnrm (at) ife.ee.ethz.ch> wrote in message

http://www.robotstoreuk.com/SENSORS%2BVISION/MerlinStretchSensor/MerStretchSensor-2.htm
The conductive rubber keypad membrane of most calculators and remote controls is silicon, maybe you may want to try that?
----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ashley Clarke -------------------------------------------------------
Christof Kueng wrote:

http://www.robotstoreuk.com/SENSORS%2BVISION/MerlinStretchSensor/MerStretchSensor-2.htm

This is the kind of thing you could almost make yourself. I believe someone once described a way to make a simple strain sensor simply with a graphite trace on a piece of rubber or acetate. Search Google's archives on this group for more info.

Sorry its off-topic but can you guys tell me how you post using those anti-spamming e-mail addresses ???

I use Opera as Email client. You can enter any return adress you like, no checking is done. This might not be possible if you use Yahoo, Hotmail or so.
Christof
the same with Outlook Express..
"Christof Kueng" <dehnrm (at) ife.ee.ethz.ch> a crit dans le message de

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:13:40 +0100, Christof Kueng <dehnrm (at)

It's not possible for him because he's posting through Google Groups, which requires a valid email address. But then it only has to be valid once to register it for posting through Google, then you can delete it and still post through Google.

----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley