sharp GP2Y0A02YK sensors

I am wondering if anyone has characterized the voltage readings at various distances for different types of surfaces and materials using
the sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR range sensors
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have you looked at Fig.3 on the Sharp data sheet?
There's very little difference between the voltage for While Reflectivity (90%) and Gray Reflectivity (18%), it's designed for minimal effects from colour and reflectivity. I'm not certain how this corresponds to surface finish.
best regards, Colin