SLA battery orientation

Hi all, I would like to know if I could position a SLA battery without limitations, I mean if I can lay down or I have to keep it vertical. I need to put it
into a robot and charge it onboard. TIA,
Giuseppe Marullo
Giuseppe Marullo wrote:

Hi Giuseppe -- I don't think it should matter much assuming it's a gel cell. I've mounted these both sideways and right-side up.
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)

It is a standard gell type I guess, I was worried about charging and when it needed venting. I asked this also on sci.electronics.misc, in the meantime thank you, I was thinking is okay but I want to be sure.
Giuseppe Marullo
wrote in message

limitations,
Well, it seems that maybe there are some catches, for example I found two informations: - all orientations except upside down for extended periods - all orientations except when charging ...
Giuseppe Marullo wrote:

Hmmm -- I haven't hadproblems sideways, even when charging, but I must admit I've never kept one upside down.
--
(Replies: cleanse my address of the Mark of the Beast!)