Tiny Motor Use?

I picked up a batch of surplus pager motors a while back. I figured out how to knock off the weights, but does anyone know how to mount things
to the axle?
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:36:04 -0400, "Chris S."

Be aware that these things aren't very powerful. Assuming we're talking about the same thing. Once the weight is gone, you can stick a plastic gear onto the shaft and secure it with crazy glue. I guess that's pretty much the same for any motor.
However, the motors have practically no torque. Even with a gearbox, to try and beef up the torque, it's pretty easy to stop these things cold. I suppose using them in tandem might have better success, but I've not tried it. The things are pretty much specialized motors. With the unbalanced weight in place, they vibrate anything they're attached to, but I don't think they're powerful enough to do much else. ---------------------------------------------
MCheu
Chris S. wrote:

These aren't too bad for little BEAM robots, but as the other poster mentioned, they don't have much torque. Check out some of the small kits sold at Solarbotics.net for ideas on how you might use these to propel a robot. One idea is to put a small grommet over the shaft. If the motor is tilted at an angle the grommet will be able to touch the ground.
-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza
Hi Chris,
I once saw a little robot made with these motors. The shaft of the motor was held against a smal tire, so the wheel turned through friction. The microcontroller was a 8 pins DIL Atmel AVR (TinyAVR), the battery was the biggest part!
Steve