What emerging technology will have the most dramatic impact?

What emerging technology will have the most dramatic impact?
Highest rated answers will be published in a nation wide press
release.
Top 10 answers so far from the open source think tank:
Open source and Free Software (Rated 9.00) Self Replicating Nano-bugs (Rated 8.00) Nano Technology (Rated 8.00) Robots (Rated 0.00) Private Space Exploration: SpaceshipOne (Rated 0.00)
To participate in the think tank go to http://www.wisdomproject.net
Some other Questions in the Think Tank: Where is technology leading humanity? Doom or salvation? What are the most important problems in the USA? Is the two party system a problem? Is Proportional Representation a solution to Two Party Politics? Opinions on the first term of GW Bush Is Fahrenheit 911 fair and accurate? What is wisdom and how do you foster it within yourself and society? What do you need to live a happy life?
To participate in the think tank go to http://www.wisdomproject.net
Add pictures here
βœ–
A.I. and artifical nerual networks. Iam amazed by mark tilden's ideas

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:40:14 +0100, Hεken Hveem wrote:

I don't think so if we cant even get usenet posting right.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–
That was unpolite, i have some trouble with my written english due to a cyndrome, so i often write words wrong.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:09:58 +0100, Hεken Hveem wrote:

Nothing to do with written english, everything to do with not top posting !
Dave
βœ–

If they eventually find an *effective* way of ridding the internet of at least some of its major "infestations", eg trolls, spammers, crank theorists, conmen, pop-ups, pop-unders, spyware, adware, virus-writers & their creations, furries, etc, then I reckon it should be at the top of the list of important technology.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Matt wrote:

This is a spam. Don't reply.
                John Nagle                 Team Overbot
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:40:59 -0700, Guy Macon wrote:

I agree that Mentifex is, at best, vaporware, but I don't believe that a self-aware AI would have to be a human-scale mind to be useful. I would _love_ to have a car as smart as a really good dog. Think of working sheepdogs.
Add pictures here
βœ–

In my opinion, the best opponent-controlling AI in first-person shooter games has already exceeded this level. The reason why this AI has not translated to real-world robots is a lack of ability to percieve the world and make an internal map that's as good as the map the game AI has available.
--
Guy Macon, Electronics Engineer & Project Manager for hire.
Remember Doc Brown from the _Back to the Future_ movies? Do you

Wow! After you are transformed, can I have your chocolate sundae?
--
"Today there is a wide measure of agreement, which on the
physical side of science approaches almost to unanimity, that the

I call dibs on running the wireless power broadcasting service...
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com wrote in message wrote:

I can just see the tv comercials: "Can you eat me now? Good" "-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

You think eating is just about energy?
Add pictures here