what kind of plastic is found in a modern printer ?

When my friends throw away a printer these days they give it me to salvage for parts.
Any idea what kind of plastic a modern printer - say an HP laser All-In-One type built in the last 2 years might be made of ? I've been wanting to play around with making some "goo" from plastic and solvent to prototype some parts. When I ask this I basically am talking about the plastic used to make the main body.
I put some plastic sheeting - about 1/8 " thick - from one old printer in a aluminum container overnight with some acetone and while it dissolved the top layer of the sheets they pretty much remained intact. I'm guessing I'll need to make some shavings from it in order to make the goo. It did transfer a smell to my fingers that wouldn't go away for about a day.
I also tried the acetone on bits of an old kitchen cutting board I had and the acetone seemed not to make any dent in it at all.
Any comments ?
Here are the markings on one piece of plastic:

I-1-2 CEA