Whatever happened to Chris Renton?

The guy who built a robot called FRED. His webpage used to be at the address below but has since been taken down by the web provider
Optusnet. His page is what got me interested in electronics (and robotics).
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~renton/fred/index.htm
His page is gone. Anyone know what happened to him?
zalzon
For a while Chris had a page at http://www.chrisrenton.com , but that site looks down, too. And his domain name has lapsed, as of last month.
Well, sometimes people get interested in things other than robots. Frankly, I can't see it, but to each his own! <g>
-- Gordon
zalzon wrote:

-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases (Forthcoming) Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:47:52 -0800, Gordon McComb

Yo mccomb, i remember chris renton mentioned using your book as a reference. I reserved a copy and just picked up RBB down at my local library. The library in turn is ordering more copies of your book here in Canada.
I'll be reading it in bed right after i sign off.

If you can try and dig up an Australian phone number for him I could try giving him a ring.
Alex