Where can I find a wired servo controller?

I would like to find an inexpensive wired servo controller to operate a small RC type servo such as a hitec, futaba, etc. Is there such a
thing that a person can purchase?
You can build one easily enough. Google for "servo tester".
JM
On 11 Feb 2004 17:35:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rushmore.com (SDNomad) wrote:

How were you going to control the servo? Or what were you wanting to use to control the servo? The local RC hobby shops have many RC radio control systems that do this. There are several companies that make and sell servo testers. is that what your after? Most guys make their own, using a microcontroller and some parts and program the MCU to run/test the servo(s).

It would be used for adjusting the trottle on a small gas engine. The servo would be connected to the throttle linkage. I would need it to run off of a 12 volt car battery.

No one that I know of has a 12v servo or servo tester or other unit that runs servos off of 12v. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=servo+tester&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go Tower Hobbies offers a couple of servo testers though. Several others exist as well. You'll likely have to make one yourself. The RC servos typically run a 4.8 or 6.0v. Thus you'll have to use a voltage regulator to reduce the voltage down to a level that is compatible with the servos. Of course one ofthe guys that have done internet articles for servo testers might be able to help you out. Have you tried contacting any of them? Try entering a Google search on "RC Servo tester" and see if something comes up that migh be useable to you.

SDNomad wrote:

If you're looking for something that can take commands and control servos (up to 9), Kronos Robotics (http://www.kronosrobotics.com/) has a controller for under $20. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /