Where to buy Allegro A3982SLB

Anybody know where I can purchase the Allegro A3982SLB stepper driver chip?I've checked Digikey, newark, and mouser but they don't carry them. I've
also checked places like Jameco, all-electronics, MPJA, etc. Thanks
Ringo
Ringo wrote:

Looks like a new product, so distributors may not have them. Allegro is (usually) real good about sending out samples. Doesn't hurt to ask.
-- Gordon
Ringo wrote:

In general, the following is a good place to find chips, but yours doesn't show up ....
http://www.findchips.com /
Otherwise, try the Allegro distribution channels ...
http://www.allegromicro.com/control/weblinks.htm
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com ==================
Thanks, I couldn't remember the site name. I was looking a chipfinder.com. I called my local distributor late last week but they never called back, which is why I posted wondering if someone knew of a different channel. I didn't realize it was such a new part.
Thanks Ringo

Ringo wrote:

OK, I've done the legwork for you ... [since I wanted to figure out how to crack the Allegro system anyways] ...
First, find the product page ...
http://www.allegromicro.com/sf/3982/
and it shows a "Check Distributor Stock" button, which if you click on it, you'll find there are no parts in stock at the distributor channels.
Also, the press release shows the part was only released on 7 April 2005, so not surprising it may not be available yet.