Where to get gyros

I am trying to get a gyro such as the ADXRS300, however since I am in Australia this doesn't seem to be easy. I can get the above gyro for US$50 from digikey, but that is a BGA package. The evaluation board would be better, but is US$75 from digikey. The eval board is only US$50 from analog directly. Analog devices have decided that they don't want to sell directly to Australia any more (although they used to, I have got samples from them), but the distributers I have seen have ridiculous prices eg US$100.50 for the evaluation board from future electronics. Arrow electronics have it for $50 but no stock.

Does anyone know where I might get one of these (or similar)? I have heard that Tokin gyros are good too but can't find anywhere to get them.

Thanks for any help,

-Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Watman

Try here:

Guy Macon

Hum,

I was wondering if its possible to accelerate the axial meat spit sticker thingy to on a deli "gyro" machine produce an adequate amount of centripetal force to achieve gyroscopic stabilizing effects. I can see the lamb grease flying now.

Thanks

Reply to
danscott