Where to get gyros

I am trying to get a gyro such as the ADXRS300, however since I am in
Australia this doesn't seem to be easy. I can get the above gyro for US$50
from digikey, but that is a BGA package. The evaluation board would be
better, but is US$75 from digikey. The eval board is only US$50 from analog
directly. Analog devices have decided that they don't want to sell directly
to Australia any more (although they used to, I have got samples from them),
but the distributers I have seen have ridiculous prices eg US$100.50 for the
evaluation board from future electronics. Arrow electronics have it for $50
but no stock.
Does anyone know where I might get one of these (or similar)?
I have heard that Tokin gyros are good too but can't find anywhere to get
them.
Thanks for any help,
-Daniel
Reply to
Daniel Watman
Try here:
Guy Macon
Hum,
I was wondering if its possible to accelerate the axial meat spit sticker thingy to on a deli "gyro" machine produce an adequate amount of centripetal force to achieve gyroscopic stabilizing effects. I can see the lamb grease flying now.
Thanks
Reply to
danscott