eMachineShop question

Does anyone have any feedback on eMachineShop's time estimates? I designed some basic parts and their app told me it would take like 45 business days.
3 days after submitting the order, I canceled it (qty 10). They sent me an email saying I owe them for 7 pieces that they had already completed.
If you have ordered from them, how long did it take you to get your part vs the time estimate their app gave you? Cause if they are telling me the truth, I'll pay and continue using them, if not, I feel they are trying to scam me.
TIA! -Hoss
I'd ask for a photograph or photocopy of the pieces.
Tim
If I had to pay for 'em, I'd ask for the pieces!
TE

Thread Ender wrote:

Presumably his preference is to not pay anything and not have any pieces. He wants to verify that they aren't going to go and make seven pieces that they haven't already made.
Mitch
Agreed, but if the OP waits, they could manufacture in the meantime.
Ask for immediate proof and pay if they have been manufactured.
Tim
On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 03:04:42PM -0700, Hoss wrote:

I haven't used eMachineShop, but just to clarify - they are still sending you the 7 completed pieces right? You should never have to pay if you didn't receive anything in return.
This is probably legit. The time to complete the order quoted by their app is probably a worst case, but depending on how busy they currently are, the time could be sooner. I've had PCB board houses say it's going to take 4 weeks to do my boards, but they show up a week later. I think it just depends on how busy they are at the time and sets an upper bound on when you can expect to receive your goods.
-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers