wire detecting?

Greetings,
I've a wire buried an inch or two into the ground which emits an 8KHz signal, similar to an invisible fence used for dogs. I'd like to be able
to detect this for another reason, and haven't been able to determine how to do so. I'd like to change one of my robots to stay within the defined perimeter.
Might someone be able to point me in the right direction?
--
Kyle York