Subject Author Posted Replies

Help on SLAVE interface
Hi I am currently working on my final year project in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Democritus University of Thrace in Greece. The project concerns the control of a PUMA...
1
1

SCARA robot Code
Hi, I'm currently working with an Adept Technologies SCARA robot. I am running into trouble with utilizing a tool that is mounted one the second joint of the robot, not on the third. Giving no...

Motor controller question
where i can find one of these cheaper ? better ? dual ? assembled ? similar ? http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/motor/k166.htm
1
1

High speed ARM debugger & programmer
Computer Solutions is now supplying the Embest range of ARM Development tools. These include UNetICE, a low-cost, high-speed JTAG emulator for ARM processors, Debugging and Flash programming software...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 16, 2006
UPDATE: Excellent Progress Toward 'Victoria Crater' - sol 811-817, May 16, 2006: Opportunity examined the crest of a ripple and drove about 200 meters (656 feet), putting itself within about 1,100...

robot for wireless channel measurement
Hi, I'd like to do some automated wireless channel measurements in my lab at 2.4 GHz, by covering a grid at 5 cm intervals. Placing the antenna by hand takes too long for the size of the grid I'm...
3
3

Electric Scooter drive belt : HTD-447-3M-12
Does anyone know what the various parts of this model number for a E100 Electric Scooter drive belt mean ? HTD-447-3M-12 I am guessing that 447 is the length in mm ? ( I have an inquiry in to the...
1
1

companies selling reliable microcontrollers and sensors....
Hi, I want to learn how to control/program microcontrollers for robotic application. I came upon Parallax ( and saw that they sold various models of the BASIC Stamp models, as well as various sensors....
15
15

Crafting parts (newbie needs guidance)
Hi there, I'm starting in the world of electronics and computer interaction, building my own circuits connected to different input/output of the PC, etc... My main goal is to have the computer control...
5
5

Using polarization for relative attitude determination
As it may be obvious from my question, I am novice to optics. And I'm aking friendly expert advise. My hypotethical scenario is sketched to learn about how to use polarized light in indoor and outdoor...
3
3

Car and Deep Cycle (Including SLA) Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The most current version is 5.6 and can be found on

Combining/Fusing GPS, Pressure, Height data
I have a RC model airplane, currently carrying a RC receiver, 900MHz radio modem, temperature sensor, pitot and static pressure sensors, batteries, GPS, and a mini video camera. I'm also planning to...
9
9

what is an adustable bushing ?
Been cruising the Stock Drive Products website trying to get educated & I ran across an "adjustable bushing". What the heck do they mean by that ? Here's a link: https://sdp-si.com/ss/PDF/79009031.PDF
2
2

electric scooter drives & wheels for robot ?
Has anyone ever used the electric scooter drives & wheels for robotics ? I saw one in the mall today for about $100 and it seemed like a bargain given that you get 2 wheels + drive unit. The front and...
1
1

Limber Robot Might Hitchhike to Space
Robot Might Hitchhike to Space May 11, 2006 Media contact: Natalie Godwin (818) 354-0850 Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. Lemurs, those wide-eyed, active, monkey-like animals running around...