Subject Author Posted Replies

Electric Scooter drive belt : HTD-447-3M-12
Does anyone know what the various parts of this model number for a E100 Electric Scooter drive belt mean ? HTD-447-3M-12 I am guessing that 447 is the length in mm ? ( I have an inquiry in to the...
1
1

companies selling reliable microcontrollers and sensors....
Hi, I want to learn how to control/program microcontrollers for robotic application. I came upon Parallax ( and saw that they sold various models of the BASIC Stamp models, as well as various sensors....
15
15

Crafting parts (newbie needs guidance)
Hi there, I'm starting in the world of electronics and computer interaction, building my own circuits connected to different input/output of the PC, etc... My main goal is to have the computer control...
5
5

Using polarization for relative attitude determination
As it may be obvious from my question, I am novice to optics. And I'm aking friendly expert advise. My hypotethical scenario is sketched to learn about how to use polarized light in indoor and outdoor...
3
3

Car and Deep Cycle (Including SLA) Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The most current version is 5.6 and can be found on

Combining/Fusing GPS, Pressure, Height data
I have a RC model airplane, currently carrying a RC receiver, 900MHz radio modem, temperature sensor, pitot and static pressure sensors, batteries, GPS, and a mini video camera. I'm also planning to...
9
9

what is an adustable bushing ?
Been cruising the Stock Drive Products website trying to get educated & I ran across an "adjustable bushing". What the heck do they mean by that ? Here's a link: https://sdp-si.com/ss/PDF/79009031.PDF...
2
2

electric scooter drives & wheels for robot ?
Has anyone ever used the electric scooter drives & wheels for robotics ? I saw one in the mall today for about $100 and it seemed like a bargain given that you get 2 wheels + drive unit. The front and...
1
1

Limber Robot Might Hitchhike to Space
Robot Might Hitchhike to Space May 11, 2006 Media contact: Natalie Godwin (818) 354-0850 Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. Lemurs, those wide-eyed, active, monkey-like animals running around...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 11, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Continues Studying Soil and Collecting Images - sol 835-841, May 11, 2006: Spirit continued to make progress on collecting panoramic images of Martian terrain and conducting detailed...

Botd software.
OK -- last UI change for a while. I've re-added the text-to-speech feature and a "Who's On" drop-down. That's about all I have time to do on the UI itself for now. Other changes from here on in will...
3
3

8051-class "learner" board - is it worth making one?
This is a crosspost from with some enhancement. The story: I semi-accidentally acquired a fairly large quantity of surplus ROMless 8051-class parts in DIP-40 packages. These include Intel and...
4
4

25m Altitude/Distance/Range sensor
I have a RC model airplane capable of carrying max 800grams payload (after all my onboard electronics, batteries, GPS, video camera). I want to try auto takeoff and landing. Especially for the auto...
5
5

what should my new parallel port look like
hi i want to connect a tea dispenser to my parallel port of the comupter . the tea dispenser has a microcontroller which controls the motor (for powder dispensing) and a valve for hot water...
1
1

Want To Robotic
Hi Friends, I am a java programmer . I am too much interested in Robotics . But I dont know where to start from . What are the prerequisites for that. Suggestions required . From where should I start...
11
11