Subject Author Posted Replies

timing belt pulleys: why is P.D. > O.D. ?
For timing belt pulleys, why is Pitch Diameter greater than Outside Diameter ? I would think it would be the opposite of that. ( I have been looking on the McMaster-Carr and Stock Drive Products...
2
2

Pretty cool micro tank chassis
I just found this web site. might make a nice micro tank tread chassis. Looks like the top comes off and leaves a clean chassis for mounting a pcb. I wonder what the drive electronics are? The price...
2
2

Loooong distance IR detection, and IR collimation
Hi, Every body know about the IR remote controls that we use everyday for our TV, music set etc. They are short range, almost omni direction (due to reflections from almost any surface) controllers....
21
21

Saw this in the news today
Those wacky Japanese...what will they think of next? ;-) the video...the motion is fairly smooth. Shawn Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports,...
1
1

Robotics development tools
Hi Everyone, I am new to field of robotics and I was wondering what tools I should consider studying for development of a robot system that can learn and make maps from the environmental interaction...
7
7

Need some quick testing
I've been (as I've had the chance) rewriting the software, Botd, that allows control of the robots here in my office from the web in preparation for general release under the GPL or a BSD license. I...
12
12

BDMicro Still Around?
Is BDMicro ( still in business? I've been trying to access their site for several days, and even though they're one of the top search results for microcontroller boards on Google, their address just...
2
2

ANN: Surplus SRF-04 Sensors
We purchased too many of these SRF04 ultrasonic range finder sensors so we now have a limited quantity at below trade price: Datasheet:...

New iRobot web site
If you are interested in iRobot, take a look at my blog, -- all about the company, its products Roomba, Scooba and Packbot, and its competitors... Let me know what you think. -Thorn

robotic sensor for green line detection
I want to build a simple mobile robot which can follow the green line (the floor is white). what kind of sensor is well apply with this task by condition that the light will can change by environment...
4
4

RoboHockey Completed
We wanted to thank you all for your help with our Senior Design RoboHockey project to make an autonomous opponent for air hockey. Several of you requested that we let you know how it turned out. We...
4
4

Pretty cool networking idea for bots
I was just on Mouser and found this item. It's sort of pricey ($950), but would be a cool thing for experimenting with group robot interaction/cooperation, etc. I was not familiar with the Zigbee...
2
2

Know of any medium range drive systems for robot ?
I have found alot of small motors and gearboxes and alot of large expensive motors and gearboxes. The small controllers ($15) only do like 2 amps and the large controllers are like $300 the small...
19
19

books for beginners in autonomous robotics
you can get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 5, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Begins First Interplanetary Layer-by-Layer Soil Analysis - sol 828-834, May 05, 2006: Spirit is healthy and continuing to make progress on the rover's winter campaign of scientific...
11
11