Want To Robotic

Hi Friends, I am a java programmer . I am too much interested in Robotics . But I dont know where to start from . What are the prerequisites for that. Suggestions required . From where should I start . Thanks In Advance.

Reply to
Badshah

I think it is not bad idea to start learning C/C++.

Reply to
Miem

Three things needed to get into robotics

  1. Programming
  2. Electronics (Circuit design)
  3. Mechanics of a robot

best way to go is get a basic pragrammable robot kit and play with it.

Zafar

zafar

Robotics

prerequisites for

I would recommend the BoeBot from

They also offer a Java chip version of the Basic Stamp that you could substitute for the regular Stamp at some time.

Also, here are some Java robot kits:

The Lego Mindstorms community has the "Lejos" operating system:

Hope that helps ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

Can I learn Circuit Design. If yes how ?

Thankyou in Advance

Reply to
Badshah

There are a couple of resources for us Java programmers.

I should mention that all the examples and programming in my book, _Linux Robotics_ are in Java. I wanted to name the book _Java Robotics_ but the publishers had that decision.

I went the big route and used a Mini-ITX motherboard running Linux. You don't have to go that far to run Java.

chips are PICs running on compiled Java. I truely like these chips. I've used one to run a small robot as the only processor.

stamps and such are based on a Java processor and have more memory than the uVM chips.

-- D. Jay Newman Author of _Linux Robotics_

D. Jay Newman

This site covers basics for robot building

For basic circuit design, go to this section

Zafar

zafar

Thankyou Zafar, but the page

or
is not displayed.

Reply to
Badshah

Server might be down. I just checked and both links are working fine. Start from here

Zafar

zafar

Ya Its working now there , Thanx

Reply to
Badshah

you dont need to know anything everything is bonus let all you know help you in building. Build there in bo need to re design the wheel, build right on top of the old things. knowing programing is a very good step. most microcontrolers can run Java, you may have to change how they see the program by encapsulating the program. The Boe bot is a great kit, I got it a year ago, and have built many other projects since then. Besides, look closely, the kit is in most other project kits. the platform is very usefull and if you want you could probably make that out of tin or an old VCR cover. I just built a dual fotosensitive neuron network with parts I found in my neihborhs trash can.. knowing how every part of everything works is madness. I wanted to send Infrared DTMF signals in one project, to be recieved by a special decoder elsewhere. I could have baught the components from Jameco or mouser, but i just used an old telephone and converted the sound to light. It worked out good too because it was powered from the phone jack. In reality you dont have to buy very much. Most people I know who are into robotics couldnt afford to do it if they baught everything they needed.

Reply to
blicken

Thankyou blicken for the help & keep on giving all your suggestions. I will work based on that . These is my first step in Robotics .

Reply to
Badshah