Botd software.

OK -- last UI change for a while. I've re-added the text-to-speech feature and a "Who's On" drop-down. That's about all I have time to do on the UI itself for now. Other changes from here on in will be to the back end.

Feel free to drop by and let me know if it works -- I'm in particular looking for issues that might cause certain browsers to break. You'll need a reasonably modern browser with javascript turned on. Cookies optional.

Should work through all proxies/firewalls, etc.

Thanx in advance -- tAfkaks

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K

text-to-speech

to the

particular

You'll

Cookies

I took a look at this today and even drove the bot around. SLICK!!!

Reply to
pogo

Works great! We took it for a little spin.

Any change on allowing us to control the robot automatically? We'd like to give it the ability to see by interfacing it directly with RoboRealm

over the web! We'd run RoboRealm remotely and have it send control commands to your robot ... cool concept of a mind body separation over a couple hundred miles. We're curious to see how the timing lag affects the control.

The interface works fine in FireFox. Perhaps adding a backup button and the ability to tilt the camera up and down would be great ... we were trying to look at the robot's sibling in the room!

Great stuff!

STeven.

Reply to
RoboRealm

Actually, there's really nothing stopping you from running it remotely at all. There's no actual requirement that you run it from the provided web page. Whatever you DO use to run it needs to be able to send http POST requests (which is trivial). You can pull botd.js via wget, or contact me for details. The protocol, however, is evolving -- but is essentially xml over http. A second channel can use XML over straight tcp with no HTTP, although this is not implemented yet.

Backup is implemented on the robot, but you need to be connected a privileged service to use it -- there are insufficient sensors in the rear to make public access to that function sufficiently safe.

The second robot will eventually get a tilt unit for the camera, but I'll need to find the time to add it in.