Subject Author Posted Replies

small hub motors
Does anyone know where to buy a small hub motor and wheel? I am looking for something in the 8 to 14 inch range and maybe about 10 to 20 watts. Google only seems to turn up bicycle hub motors that...
13
13

New open source framework for computer vision
Hi, Into is a cross-platform machine intelligence application framework written in C++. It's open source, licensed under the Affero GPL v3. Into provides a different, super-fast way to build...

MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) jul30mfpj
The MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ) is both a tool in developing MindForth open-source artificial intelligence (AI) and an archival record of the history of how the AI Forthmind evolved over...
1
1

Call for Papers: Intelligent Robotic Systems - Special Track ROBOT / ACM SAC 2011
Apologies for cross-posting. Please forward to your colleagues and mailing lists! =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Call For Book Chapters Springer series: Advances in Robotics and Virtual Reality
Call For Book Chapters Advances in Robotics and Virtual Reality To be published by Springer =93Intelligent Systems Reference Library series=94 Tauseef Gulrez and Aboul-Ella Hassanien Deadline for...

[CFP] Call for papers: WSOM 2011, 8th Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps
=================================================================== First Call for Papers for WSOM 2011, 8th WORKSHOP ON SELF-ORGANIZING MAPS 13 - 15 June 2011, Espoo, Finland Aalto University School...

Surgical Robots
I am not an "active" member of the group but am inquiring about peoples opinions of surgical robots, such as the "da Vinci" and the good and bad of the products. Thanks

Robotics and Application Cambridge Conference
****************************** The Fifteenth IASTED International Conference on Robotics and Applications (RA 2010) ****************************** The 15th IASTED International Conference on Robotics...

Drivers propelling growth in service robotics
As a robotics-interested person, you may find a review of the drivers propelling service robotics to a innovative and prosperous decade. and all comments, criticisms and suggestions would be...
1
1

stepper control
Maybe someone can speed up my looking for a manual position control using an optical pot or wheel. That would control position and direction, and I would also need a two speed system. I could easily...
1
1

Extended deadline (15 July 2010): CACS Singapore [EI Compendex,ISTP,IEEE Xplore]
[ Please forward to those who may be interested. Thanks. ] ================================================================== 2010 International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational...

mechanics tutorials/books
Can anyone recommend some good basic mechanics tutorials/books that would help me to learn how to choose and assemble, or build when possible, robot parts? I'm interested in gears, ball/linear...

Call for Paper, Special Issue on Cognitive Information Processing
Please consider this call for papers and/or forward to colleagues. Call for Papers: Special Issue on Cognitive Information Processing Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering; March 2011....

Source for a variety of small motors and gears?
I want to prototype a device that would use some small motors and gears. These would be the types of gears and motors used in cheap toys. I realize I can take some cheap toys and gears apart, but even...
6
6

Robot Motors
I found a great place for robot motors and am sharing the source. Sanyo 75:1 Micro Geared Motor - anyone have a good source for solenoids?