stepper control

Maybe someone can speed up my looking for a manual position control using an optical pot or wheel. That would control position and direction, and I would also need a two speed system. I could easily do it with switches, but a wheel is much better.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I'm going to try a little optical pot, fairly cheap. Under direct control I only worry for sudden spirts which the steppers may loose counts. Oh yes, I'm moving two steppers in sync. I was considering using a VCO and toggle switch. The VCO would speed up the longer the toggle is held. I guess using an optical pot would best implimented sending the pulses to a controller instead of directly to the motor. It could control acceleration/deacceleleration/max speed.

greg

Reply to
GregS