Subject Author Posted Replies

Oscilloscope (and Hello)
Hi all. I haven't been posting here for quite a while, but from what I remember, it was one of the most helpful newsgroups. I'm starting to learn electrical engineering properly (from "The Art of...
8
8

Pneumatic and Hydraulic Actuators?
I've been researching the construction of a rudimentary legged robotic platform using either pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders. After seeing the system's complexity coupled with the difficulty and...
1
1

Robotics groups in MA or southern NH?
Are there any robotics groups in the southern NH or MA area? I'm interested in getting involved with a UAV project preferably.
2
2

Re: Biped Stability
I'm not sure how you'd do it in a system with multiple pivot points such as a bipedal robot, but in a system where a rigid body rotates about an axis, it's stability is calculated using potential...
11
11

Robot Base
How do I mount motors and gearboxes to a PCB? I've seen one photo of a pcb with mounting hardware drilled directly into it, but I don't know where to find this type of hardware. This is my first 'from...
2
2

Interesting find
Hey all, If anyone is interested, I just found a way to connect i2c devices to the 68HC11 and more specifically the MIT Handyboard which was a feature that this device has been lacking in my mind. I...

The First, Truly Intelligent, Software JOINS the Intelligent Robot ONLINE.
The First, Truly Intelligent, Software JOINS the Intelligent Robot ONLINE. The study of Artificial Intelligence has sought creation of a program that thinks on its own, without rules of behavior or...

Electric motor breaking
I have a robot design that needs to climb a hill. Part way I up I want to stop it to take some observations. Problem I am coming into is that when I disengage drive power the motors start to freewheel...
10
10

Re: Trouble shooting digtal I/O
Right questions. 24V is not a problem: use a voltage divider to run to TTL levels. If you HAVE a logic analyzer, use that! If this is low-budget, use a parallel port or two.
3
3

Free stuff
Free stuff: 1. Panasonic xy robot with prox sensors, controller and tamagawa servo motors 2. Heathkit Oscilloscope (needs work) 3. Heathkit multimeter The xy robot would be a good project to mess...
2
2

Mars Rover Opportunity Mission Status - July 18, 2003
MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Guy Webster (818)...

Why did answers to my posts go away ?
Why did the answers to my previous posts go away? Did I do something illegal on here? Please let me know if so. Nothing was intended but getting some help on questions I had. Sincerely,
4
4

Charging Mechanism
Hey all, We are at it again with our solenoid.We need some help modifying the circuit to provide the stepup voltage though. We are using this chip: the sample diagram they give for stepup of power,...
6
6

AI has been solved
tells the story :-) http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/weblog.html