Subject Author Posted Replies

robo-textbooks
Are there any robotics textbooks available free online??

Gameboy camera issues
Hi I have been experimenting with a old Gameboy camera for quite some time (for use in a robot-soccer application) and still have not quite got it working. I am using a PIC 16F876 and was initially...
1
1

Framsticks 2.7 has been released.
We would like to announce the release of the next version of Framsticks, v2.7. Framsticks is a versatile simulator of artificial life forms, used for research and education in many fields of science,...

Kicking Mechanism
Hey everyone, We are creating a kicking mechanism that has to kick an 8cm diameter sphere that weighs 100grams and the ideal speed would be between 1 and 2 m/s, the faster the better. We have approx...
15
15

Need help assembling a circuit
Hey everyone, We are drawing up a new circuit for our robot based upon 5x SD5443 Photodiodes for infra-red detection. They are going to be placed in a setup like the following: | | | | | Where each "...
1
1

Re: Question about the MAVRIC Controller
Assuming a 16 MHz crystal frequency, the MAVRIC board can measure a pulse width with a resolution down to 1 / 16000000 of a second, or about .063 microseconds. You do this by setting up one of the...

robotics showcase redesigned
July 14th, 2003 William Cox and Chris Jorgensen are proud to announce the arrival of the new and much-improved Robot Directory. Originally created in 2001, The Robot Directory has undergone a complete...

NASA, Carnegie Mellon Inspire Future Robotics Engineers
Dino NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. Phone: 650/604-5612 or 650/604-9000 Email: Lisa Jacinto Carnegie Mellon University-West Coast Campus, Moffett Field, Calif. Phone: 650/603-7019...

Suitable controller
Hey all, We are currently using a MIT Handyboard to control our robot but have found that it has a few limitations that I am not too fond of really. We are looking to change controllers but we do not...
12
12

Re: Motor Controllers
the circuitry will be there, no matter what, but the IsoPod can read r/c servos, and output PWM, in abundance

Robot Mowers on Ask This Old House
This past Sat, Ask This Old House had a segment on robot lawn mowers. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have this on their web archive yet, but from memory: They had two units. Both were battery...
2
2

out of time
for Ken and others interested in concepts of time: Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Robotic Navigation
Hey all, I am involved with the Robocup Junior program and I just have a few questions for uall. First, we are looking to replace or improve our compass system so that we have more accurate readings...
4
4

New bots in bot showcase
I just added 5 more bots to my robot show case. See them at: http://www.kronosrobotics.com/bots/default.htm

SRF04 Application note
I just posted an SRF04 sonar ranger application note on the web site. See it at: Sorry, the Dios, Athena, Perseus, Nemesis, and Zeus products are no longer supported on this site. If you are...