Subject Author Posted Replies

Controlling the OOPic from a GSM Phone
Is there a way to control a robot design using the OOPic microcontroller by using a GSM cellphone, specifically a Nokia model with IR feature? If it is possible can any body pls guide me or explain...
9
9

Need more current from Allegro 3952 to drive 3V/1A motor
I'm trying to use an Allegro 3952 as part of a circuit that will drive a robot motor at 3v (4.5v max) at 1Amp max. I've followed the 3952 datasheet info and the circuit works...but not enough amperage...
1
1

Serial RF Radio Transceivers Suggestions?
Hi, Could you give me some suggestions for a good serial transceiver. Ideally it should satisfy the following: 1) Simple interface, preferable just the Tx and Rx lines. 2) Very reliable. 3) Internal...
1
1

The robots are loose!... Well, one, anyway.
Anyone seen this? It can be found at: Robot balloon escapes Two airports have been alerted after a giant robotic balloon escaped from a science centre in South Yorkshire. Staff at the Magna Science...

Good (cheap) small stepper motors and connectors
I am looking for small stepper motors and connectors (plastic or metal) to make a hand/gripper. Steppers are fairly abundant but mating connectors are not or don't seem to be. Thanks, Steve

Sourcing Parts
Hi, I've finally decided to build a robotics project that's been tempting me for years, but I haven't got a clue where I can source parts from. Essentially, I need a simple gripper on a lead-screw,...
1
1

old Palm Pilot Pro as touchscreen for mini-book PC ?
I've got an old Palm Pilot Pro that I've been thinking about using as a cheap touch-screen interface for my ER1 robot. I'm currently using a mini-book computer for the bot, so having a small touch...
2
2

Meet the Humans Behind the Robots
MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109 TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Lisa Townsend (818)...

Re: Need source for "X-Beams" aluminum extrusions for ER 1robot (evolution.com)
Are you looking for the exact same extrusion profile of X-Beams, or are you just looking for more 1" aluminmum extrusions? If the latter, you can order a length from a local distributor (saves on UPS...
1
1

object tracking via video
I have two servomotors that i interfaced with a PIC to move them. anyways i wanted to attach a webcam to the servos and have it move following an orange golfball on a solid green background. I wasn't...
3
3

Looking for a supplier for SMT devices
I've found a few places that supply discrete components, but i'm having a lot of problems trying to find anywhere that has surface mount IC's (such as 74*). anyone who can supply a website or 2 would...
1
1

Hexapod robot balance question
Hello, I am in the process of designing a hexapod robot for fun. The problem I have is the following: I want be able to measure the load of each leg so I can stabilise the robot and divide the robot...
1
1

interested in starting a hobby robotics group/club in the NorthWest Atlanta area ?
I'm thinking of starting a hobby robotics group/club in the NorthWest Atlanta area. There is already an excellent group in the NorthEast area (AHRC - but I'd like somewhere to meet closer to home. ;-)...

Re: motor to wheel power transmission options .Plz help
Option 1 (servos) is almost the cheapest way you can go. The servo has the gear train perfect for a 500 gram robot, it has the drivers for the motor and it has a simple speed control for the driver....
1
1

Radio link for small robots. Plz help
Hi ppl, I am working on a project that involves building multiple small and cheap mobile robots. These robots are semi-autonomous in the sense that they take instructions from the main computer, while...
3
3