object tracking via video

I have two servomotors that i interfaced with a PIC to move them. anyways i wanted to attach a webcam to the servos and have it move
following an orange golfball on a solid green background. I wasn't able to find any good tutorials on the net for this. So i'm asking for help on this newsgroup.

I think this might be what you are looking for...
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/
-Shane
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:02:42 +0200, Jonathan wrote:

I doubt that any complex object recognition and tracking algorithm could be implemented in a small PIC microcontroller. An interesting library I gave a look at months ago is the Intel OpenCV Computer Vision library, though it will need a much powerful architecture than a PIC to run. http://www.intel.com/research/mrl/research/opencv /
--
It's a good thing we have gravity, or else when birds died they'd just
stay right up there. -- Stephen Wright