Subject Author Posted Replies

IF-free conception
Hi there, Amici (Friends). i'd like to invite you to benchmark sorting algo ( Thanks a lot in Advance.

Kinect Robot Navigation Contest at IROS 2014 - Entry Deadline June 15th
IROS 2014, Microsoft, and Adept MobileRobots are proud to announce the 2014 Kinect Autonomous Mobile Robot Navigation Contest, to be held in the Exhib it Hall at IROS on September 18, 2014. This...

Vex IQ vs MindStorm ev3 suggestion for 8 year old (played Lego wedo for 1 year)
Hi, I have been looking to buy Robotics kit for my 8 year old son. He has been playing with Lego wedo for last one year and like the functionality (making robots functionality) part of it. He has been...

Getting 5 volts from an Android tablet micro USB
Hi group, I want to use the 5 volts from an Android micro usb for a single chip. I tried to hack a charger cable, but I can't get 5 volts off of it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the...
7
7

zumo
How do i get the zumo robot with arduino leonardo on linux ARDUINO IDE to do anything...firstly, which board do i choose, i persume leonardo, but then ___ tnx Boris

Write a PLC program wich will test your reaction time against your opponent
The game will operate as follows. Each person will place their fingers on a push button NO The plc programm will start to run a timer after both people have pressed their buttons twice. A timer will...
3
3

linear rc servo only in my imagination?
Not long ago(2 weeks)I saw for sale a grey servo for sale on some shopping site,it looked like an elongated rc servo encased in plastic,maybe produces a 100 to 200grams of push,under$30?,I would like...
2
2

K5 Autonomous Data Machine -- Robot Security Guard
The New York Times reports that the company Knightscope of Sunnyvale CA USA is creating a robot security guard called the K5 Autonomous Data Machine. Robots working as security guards will need a vast...

what type motor and microcontrollers can i use for wall climbing robors
hey i have to do a bot painting walls autonomously............ so what type motor and microcontrollers can i use for wall climbing????????????
1
1

New to Robotics. Where should I start?
I'm a doctor of physics and program PC's. Currently I prefer Pascal. What I'm wanting to do is find a reasonably inexpensive motion control I/O card and learn how to use the PC to instruct and control...
12
12

Singularity: Semi-science-fiction robotic Strong AI book
Mentifex (q.v.) has just published an Amazon Kindle e-book about humanoid robots at science museums being taken over by Strong AI Minds secretly emerging in the world under extreme urgency to entrench...
1
1

Are all motors compatible with the NXT if you were to be using a breadboard?
I'm looking at getting the NXT because it seems like there are a lot of third party accessories for it and that the possibilities are endless. I still have a couple questions though. If i were to get...

rumble robots cards
are rumble robots cards worth any money and if so which ones are worth the most?

I have a signed, model 2 TOPO for sale. Needs battery & chrgr.
Great condition. Complete with RF transmitter, Manual and Software.
1
1

How do I prevent the robot from jiggling around?
I don't know what the proper technical term is, so I will call it "jiggle" for now. I am making a puppet that is using industrial servo motors. However, the motion is not as smooth as I would like....
6
6