Subject Author Posted Replies

New to Robotics. Where should I start?
I'm a doctor of physics and program PC's. Currently I prefer Pascal. What I'm wanting to do is find a reasonably inexpensive motion control I/O card and learn how to use the PC to instruct and control...
12
12

Singularity: Semi-science-fiction robotic Strong AI book
Mentifex (q.v.) has just published an Amazon Kindle e-book about humanoid robots at science museums being taken over by Strong AI Minds secretly emerging in the world under extreme urgency to entrench...
1
1

Are all motors compatible with the NXT if you were to be using a breadboard?
I'm looking at getting the NXT because it seems like there are a lot of third party accessories for it and that the possibilities are endless. I still have a couple questions though. If i were to get...

rumble robots cards
are rumble robots cards worth any money and if so which ones are worth the most?

I have a signed, model 2 TOPO for sale. Needs battery & chrgr.
Great condition. Complete with RF transmitter, Manual and Software.
1
1

How do I prevent the robot from jiggling around?
I don't know what the proper technical term is, so I will call it "jiggle" for now. I am making a puppet that is using industrial servo motors. However, the motion is not as smooth as I would like....
6
6

64-bit Supercomputer Forth Chips for Strong AI
Imagine a four-core, 64-bit Forth AI CPU designed to run a not-quite-maspar but still somewhat parallel artificial intelligence in English or in German. Such a specialized, Strong AI Forth CPU could...
1
1

computer vision, opencv relating real world object size to image pixel size
My goal is to mount a web camera on a ground vehicle robot and have it recognize lanes and drive in between the lanes. In order to look for the appropriate size lines(lanes) in an image, I am trying...
2
2

Robot Sensorium Needed for AI Inference
Think of a robot as a body of input sensors and motor actuators in need of an AI Mind to coordinate its behavior with rational thought. The Mentifex AI Minds can now think logically in English or in...

Marriage is the union of a man and a robot.
Whereas the Supreme Court is deciding the nature of marriage and all interested parties should speak up now or forever hold their peace, rally 'round the flag, boys, for your right to marry your...
3
3

Cost of an articulated arm
I need to automate some tasks in a machine shop for which we are considerin g using an articulated arm. Its maximum payload (including gripper) will be 5 kg. I need a quick and dirty estimate of cost....
2
2

Piezo Motors
Hi Anyone using or can help with the use of the rotary piezo motors, small ones under 10mm dia. Thanks Charlie

Robot Wi Fi Controller/Servo Controller
Our State of The Art Products on Sale Robot Wi Fi Controller/Servo Motor Controller $199.00 Robot Wi Fi Controller/Servo Motor Controller w/High Current Motor Drive Shield $299.00 Robot Wi Fi...

Second call for papers: SCIA 2013, 18th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Wotan German AGI is one month old today (16.NOV-16.DEC.2012)
Wotan is an artificial Mind in cyberspace. You cannot see Wotan. You can only see a trace of where he has been or what he has done. You can interact with Wotan, but you can never be sure of where...