Subject Author Posted Replies

making a worm type moving robot.
We have got a project of making a worm type moving robot. My main concern is to know how to design the mechanical part to move like a worm. Can anyone help me.? Please.!
2
2

[CFP] Call for papers: SCIA 2013, 18th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis
===================================================================== First Call for Papers: SCIA 2013 18th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis 17 - 20 June 2013, Espoo, Finland IMPORTANT DATES:...

Kinematically redundant robot arms
A new line of affordable 7-axes robots is now available from Robai ( The arms start at under $5K USD and come with IK control software from Energid. Thought this might be of interest to the group.

10th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO 2013)
Conference name: 10th International Conference on Informatics in Control, A utomation and Robotics (ICINCO 2013) Venue: Reykjavík, Iceland Event Date: 29 - 31 July, 2013 Scope The purpose of the 10th...

IMU where Accel & Gyro have different sample rate
Hello, I have an IMU where the Accelerometer has an update rate of 400Hz, and the Gyro of 380Hz. I would like to use an orientation filter such as the ones by Madgwick or Mahony, but they expect to...

My university is building a Robotics lab , I need help for best kits.
Our professor wanted us to search for learning and experience kits on Robotics for buying them to lab. I am open to suggestions please. Which kits may be best for learning Robotics ? Kits will be used...
2
2

MindForth most advanced open-source AI updated 2012 August 10
The MindForth free open-source artificial intelligence in Win32Forth +/- Intel 64-bit iForth has today been updated with significant True AI improvements. The size of the life-long AI memory has been...

RIP CRM
Over 24 hours since NASA's new baby, Curiosity, landed safely on Mars - and not a peep about it here. What better evidence that CRM has sadly passed away. RIP.

2nd CHiME Speech Separation and Recognition Challenge
---------------------------------------------- 2nd CHiME Speech Separation and Recognition Challenge Supported by IEEE AASP, MSLP and SLTC Technical Committees Deadline: January 15, 2013 Workshop:...

CNC & Robotics Parts Garage Sale
I will be having an awesome garage sale in Temecula, CA on July 27th and July 28th (8am-2pm), selling tons of CNC and robotics equipment (linear rails/bearings, ballscrews, servo and stepper motors...
1
1

Euler Angles - Why postmultiply
In Industrial Robotics, you have a co-ordinate frame which is at the base & another which is at the next joint. You want to describe the position and orientation of the 2nd frame with respect to the...
1
1

DH Algorithm - Direction of X
In Denavit-Hartenberg Algorithm, the way to assign x-axis is as follows. Select Xk to be orthogonal to Zk and Zk-1 Considering the case where Zk and Zk-1 intersect, I can chose 2 opposite directions...

free artificial intelligence and machine learning classes
try googling for Stanford with the above subjects. free lessons on basic ai and ml

Transformation matrix from global to localframe
------------------------------------- Hello friends Iam naveen and new to this forum.I have a question regarding the transformation matrix from world frame to the base frame of a Spatial serial...

CALL FOR PAPERS - 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, Extended deadline: May 17th
* CALL FOR PAPERS - 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning=20 for Signal Processing, deadline extended till May, 17th. 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal...