Are all motors compatible with the NXT if you were to be using a breadboard?

I'm looking at getting the NXT because it seems like there are a lot of third party accessories for it and that the possibilities are endless. I still have a couple questions though. If i were to get a bread board and the bread board adapter, like the one on dexter industries, would I be able to use any motor like say a vex motor?

I said I was going with the NXT because of being able to expand and everything and I plan on using RobotC to program, but if you would like to persuade me towards another system like arduino or rasberry pi or VEX I will definetly listen. However I've heard a lot about VEX not being compatible with other sensors or motors.

I feel like I should mention the accessories I plan on expanding to in the future that way you can tell me if the other systems will work or not.

- The NXTbee or Xbee

- dgps for mindstorm

- dcompass

- acceleration and rotation sensor

- dsoloar 4w

All of these can be found at dexterindustries.com.

If you can't tell I'm pretty green to all this and that's why I think NXT is a good place to start and grow. If you got any advice I'm all ears.

Reply to
jollyzt