linear rc servo only in my imagination?

Not long ago(2 weeks)I saw for sale a grey servo for sale on some shopping site,it looked like an elongated rc servo encased in plastic,maybe produces a
100 to 200grams of push,under$30?,I would like to use 2 as flap actuators,any thoughts?$
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 02:18:02 +0000, martytbs

Many years ago, linear RC servos were popular. Nowadays, nobody wants them.
I guess people started realizing that a linear servo will actually give you a non-linear response.
Also, they didn't wear well. After some use, they'd get sloppy.
Here's an example of what they'd typically look like:
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/25353/0326_stratusradio.jpg
--
RoRo

replying to martytbs, martytbs wrote: