18mm mach buster?

Is it possible to break mach (>1.0) with an 18mm motor? I've run a bunch of sims and get close, but not over mach. It's easier with a

24mm motor, and a lot easier with a 29mm. Assuming the motors are composite...is it even possible with *any* BP motor?
Reply to
lektric.dan

It is possible. However, I'm not aware of any certified motors that are suitable for the task. The 18mm compsite motor market is geared toward contest flyers and Estes 18mm rockets, and both call for reelatively low thrust motors.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones