Re: Outboard engines on Estes-type models

That's exactly what I did. A BB kit and a suitable balsa bulkhead was

> all that was needed. Just cut the MMT into 3 equal sections and glue > the two CRs together on top of the 3 MMTs then cut the BT and add the > bulkhead and you have a Astron Ranger.

Back when the SBB was around, I got tired of all of them, so I built a Super Ranger. The only concession to scale is that it has FOUR 24mm MMTs instead of 3 29mm MMTs. it's cheaper and easier to cluster BP motors, and I have the flexibility of flying with 2 or 4 motors. The only Estes part I used was the nose cone. Tube and centering rings were LOC.

Bob Kaplow

The Ranger (K-6) kit was definitely before the BB (K-23) kit. But prior to the kit, the Bertha was a free plan, and before that it was Vern's design. Only Vern could tell us which came first.

Bob Kaplow