Estes Pro Series Patriot

Hey Guys, does anyone knowwhat an Estes Pro Series Patriot might be worth. The kit was produced around 1992 and it is now out of
production. The rocket has been built but it has never flown. It is still in great condition. If you know what this model is worth now, please let me know.
Built..around $50.00, that's what I'd pay any way.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

writes:

This kit is built for 4 * 24mm motors, and was designed for the old E<kaboom>15. It will fly on 4 D12s, and probably 4 E9s.
    Homeland Security Administration: The Gestapo of the 21st Century
writes:

Also very nice flights on four E28-7's :-)
John
writes:

It's a lot harder to ignite 4 composite motors at once than 4 BP motors.
We must have faith in our democratic system and our Constitution, and in our ability to protect at the same time both the freedom and the security of all Americans.
lot harder to ignite 4 composite motors at once than 4 BP motors.

Blue Thunder propellant is easy to light, as you well know. A good relay launch system and fresh home made Igniter Man igniters will get the motors going easily. I always match the igniters resistance wise, and consistently have two to three ohm measurements.
I launched the four E28-7 combo during our Patriot's Day launch September 11, 2004. All motors lit when the button was pushed. It left with authority :-)
John

Yup. But it's easier with 4 BP motors. All you need for that are GOOD Solar ignitors. Every time I open a pack, I pick out any really nice ones for my "clusters only" box. In fact when Ed LaCroix was dumping the last of his Estes made 13mm mini motors, I bought a bunch just for the really nice Solar ignitors that were in the packages. Have you checked the price of a SOlar ignitor lately? $4.50 for a pack of 6 is 75 cents each. ANd half of them come pre-broken :-(
Then there's the cost of FOUR RMS 24/40 casings !
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.
wrote in message > It's

I've noticed the drop in quality of Solars. I also pick through and reserve the best for clusters. I was surprised by the last bulk pack of motors. Almost all igniters had very little pyrogen.
As far as the four reload cases are concerned, I fly several 24 mm reloads at each launch and it made it easier to have more than one case...besides "Cool" flights always come at a cost :-)
John
snip
We pick up extra igniters from staging, since when they're stacked you only use half as many. Just from flying Verna's 3 stage Saturn V Bad Girl, we picked up 6 extras per flight. After 4 flights that's 24 left over igniters right there and as was pointed out, at today's prices for a pack of 6, that's a huge savings.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Drop stage more often!
writes:

They use so little pyrogen on them now that many of them get broken before you ever open the package. It's really disgusting, given what they charge for them.
The absolute best Solar ignitors I have are from the batch that they handed out at NARAM one year with NO pyrogen at all. At least 50% of them were trash when I got them home. But the survivors all got dipped in Firestar and are the best ignitors around for BP clusters!
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered -- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

They do well with the Ignitorman pyrogen too. 100% success with 3*bp E9's on 5 flights. Smokey ones at that.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

I've had ONE E9 fail to ignite in a cluster. After examining the motor, it had the same all clay nozzle that was popular with the Apogee Micro motors. Good thing it was a 4 motor cluster of E9-8s and not a second stage :-(
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.
writes:

I've had 3 ignition failures (3 individual motors that failed to ignite) out of around 100 clustered motors lit with quickmatch (over 20 or so flights). Two of those were dusty D11's, the other was a B6 - didn't get the QM into the nozzle far enough. If you can get it, its great stuff, far less faff than multiple igniters. I have 5 metres in my stash at the moment :)
I've also noticed that the head of an e-match will fit into a D12 nozzle, has anyone tried using these for clusters. A bit pricey perhaps, unless you get cheap foreign 'clone' e-matches.
--
Niall Oswald
writes:

writes:

Great idea. I'll give it a try. The Quick Burst igniters work well in clusters, too.
John
Makes me wonder about how many were ever produced. I've been reading rmr since late 1996 and you are the first one to mention having built one. Never saw one in a store either, just in the catalog.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
I built and painted one. It is in my garage. Never flown it. It's used as a display model at hobby shows and other demos that our club participates in.