Another week. No resignations. No subpoenas.

True but then I was a Captain Kangaroo kid. Still think of Mr. Moose when I see a ping pong ball. The lady that was on here was pretty cute. I was a little older than the Romper Room crowd when it originally came on but I used to watch once in a while and just howl. I don't know why but at the age of 12 I thought it was hiliarious.

Strange thing about that mirror, she never did call my name. Guess it only works on kids 5 and under. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I remember the Sandy Becker show, with "Ham Bone" ... the guy in the Safari outfit with drinking glasses for lenses in his eye glasses

and the skit wit the song "the bird bird bird is the word ...."

but who was the guy you could send any five random lines (squiggles, really) the name of an object or animal he had to draw

I never saw him stumped! ever!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

"Bunch o' 40-somethings in the desert"? That does sound like a TRA launch... but as for the calf, I thought rocket folks at least had better manners than that, and would consider it rude to go and molest the livestock when the farmer was nice enough to let them use his field to fly from!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Some said they thought they saw something being dropped. Now we'll end up with the FDA involved in rcketry too.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yeah sounds like those guys have to much fun with the livestock.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I tried to post this yesterday, but our outgoing newsfeed at work is once again FUBAR.

Ahh, Sandy Becker. I remember (slightly) him. And how about Chuck McCann on WPIX?

FYI he is a founding member of the Sons of the Desert
And now for the Romper Room update: One of the original Magic Mirrors was stolen not too far from where I live from a Romper Room host who took it to guest appearances throughout the region. Links appear to be gone, but here is the summary of the news report: December 29, 2003 Thieves steal the "Romper Room" magic mirror. A beloved artifact of children's television history was stolen this month when thieves attacked former "Romper Room" host Mary Ann King in the parking lot of a Hometown Buffet in the City of Industry and sped off with the hand mirror.

The Magic Mirror's Gone Missing

"This Is True" reports that some bottom dwelling slime has robbed Romper Room's Miss Mary and taken the Magic Mirror.

ROMPER, BOMPER, STOMPER, BOO HOO: Mary Ann King, 70, has been robbed. The Los Angeles host of the "Romper Room" children's TV show from 1966 to 1976, King had just left a restaurant in Industry, Calif., when she was accosted in the parking lot. Her purse and another bag were stolen; the bag contained her "magic mirror" prop from the show. The magic mirror, actually a frame with nothing inside, was used on the show to allow her to "see" the audience, calling out the kids' names. After the show ended, "people would recognize me and say, 'You never said my name'," King said. "I started carrying the mirror around with me so I could say their name." She figures the "hoodlums" discarded the prop, not knowing what it was...That's what happens when the "Don't Bees" grow up. If the magic mirror shows up on eBay, I'm calling in SWAT on the seller and the buyer. And eBay too while I'm at it.

End of rambling cut & paste fest.....

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter