the Hatch-Kohl bait and switch

consider this analysis of the propellant exemptions in the Hatch-Kohl substitute bill

the propellant exemptions:

-- "... or model rocket motors containing no more than .9 pounds of ammonium perchlorate composite propellant ..."

"... for purposes of powering recreational model rockets may possess and store quantities not to exceed 25 pounds of such propellants."

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Why?

What would be the purpose in wasting further time on this issue?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

To encourage NAR/KYTE/TRA to drop the bill hard.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

it needs to be clear exactly how bad it is: it is license for the BATFE to regress rocketry two decades

study it carefully, and understand what it changes

the BATFE are die-hards, and some TRA/NAR leaders myopic, unscrupulous, and self-serving

I suspect that we have seen neither the last of Hatch-Kohl's provisions, nor TRA/NAR's mischief

what should be said about their complicity in such a scheme (again)?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

The "bait" is the post itself. Iz wants to keep rmr focused on his anti-org threads and agenda.

Reply to
Gary

Was Gary's purchase of AT assets anti-AT?

If policies are changed at TRA, even involuntarily, it is nothing but a good thing.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Izzy, you asked:

What should be said about their complicity in such a scheme (again)?

By "their", I assume you mean TRA/NAR. If so, why would TRA/NAR be complicit in potentially whittling away their respective memberships?

Reply to
Gene

Reply to
Phil Stein

that is an oversimplification, and not entirely accurate

but I appreciate your trying to keep me honest ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

by this do you mean why they would participate in a scheme that would have such an effect as you describe?

or why would doing so constitute 'complicity'?

there are longstanding relationships present, relationships molded by the nature of their dance over nearly two decades

perhaps two congenial puppetmasters working the strings of their adversarial characters, while negotiating consensus on what the drama should entail, and how it should unfold

I don't believe that the true nature of their relationship is apparent

but I believe its effect is that of a conspiracy against us

and no news is good news

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

There's nothing wrong with everyone having their say pro or con, but hopefully no one here decides to join, or not to join any group, rocketry or other, based solely on a single person's experiences or opinions, mine included. Knee jerk reactions and conclusions usually come back to haunt.

Few things or subjects, are ever absolutes. Get the facts, all the facts, no matter what or who it's about, then make your OWN informed decision.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

well said