Any news on NSL 2004?

Has anyone heard anything new on NSL 2004? Who here is going? I plan on going even though it's a 14-hour drive.

TF

Reply to
Tim Fuentes

Here you go!

tad danley

14 hours, huh? That may get you the "longest drive" award. (Note to self: get something for a "longest drive" award. Maybe a kind vendor will step up and donate something? (Hint, hint)).

Planning for the 2004 National Sport Launch continues at a feverish pace, and all indications are that it should be a whopper of a launch, certainly the biggest rocket event in Texas since the 2002 LDRS. The Hearne launch site is especially ideal in that it makes us damn near weather-proof, as we will be flying off of an airport taxiway.

We expect (conservatively) about 250 flyers at this point. Launch queue times should be short, as we will have two High Power ranges and a Model Rocket range running in concert, with support for anything from 1/2A to M power. The waiver is as follows:

8000' MSL 12,500' MSL call-ins M impulse limited to 10000' MSL

NSL is proudly presented by the Austin Area Rockety Group on behalf of the National Association of Rocketry, with the enthusiastic support of the entire Texas rocketry community; special thanks go to the NASA/Houston Rocketry Club, who have been especially gracious in allowing us access to the Hearne site. For those of you unfamiliar with the location of the Hearne launch site, it is roughly equidistant from the Houston, Austin, and DFW metro areas.

For more information, please visit the NSL '04 website at:

aarg.org/nsl

See you in Hearne on Memorial Day weekend! James

P.S. AARG will NOT be providing debt counseling at NSL '04! Our vendors will happily assist you in increasing your debt load, however.

_________________________ James Duffy NSL '04 Event Director snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
James Duffy

Perhaps you should ask the vendor who travels the farthest to NSL...

Bob Kaplow

14 hours is hardly a drive. I drove 18 hours to LDRS 2002. 32 hours each way to BALLS twice and again this year.

I considered driving to NSL this year at 18 hours, but couldn't find someone else to go with. I had planned to go to LDRS in New York at 17 hours, but my other driver cancelled on me.

I will go to LDRS 2005 in Canada and the drive is at least 20 hours.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert