Apollo: The Race Against Time

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:07:46 -0400, Phil Stein

Yrue, but the B2 is a technological marvel of the cold war, and a source of US national pride. That national pride will be injured when we lose a few of them in combat. The B2 is a national asset worthy of protection, not just another sacrificial war machine.
Alan Jones wrote:

If We don't use them, there's no justification to maintaining them. Being the cold war marvel that it is, I find it difficult to believe that any of our current enemies would have the realistic chance of bringing a B2 down, let alone even detecting it.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

It's a stealth bomber! Maybe it drops stealth bombs! Maybe we HAVE used it and nobody knows it! ;-)

:)
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Actually, that's kinda how battleships worked from 1908 to 1944. They were too valuable to risk in combat, but extremely valuable in their deterrent effect. The Tirpitz (Bismarck's twin sister) spent much of WWII sitting in a fiord, but probably tied up three times her equivalents in Royal Navy warships making sure the Tirpitz didn't make a run for the trade channels.
As long as the B-2 poses a threat, real or perceived, it's tying up enemy resources, typically in the form of detection and countermeasures.
I'm not saying they're worth more unused than used, but they're certainly more threatening before they're shot down than after :)
Doug
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:59:46 GMT, Dave Grayvis

That's your point, not mine. Of course Rumsfeld would say, "You go to war with what ever you have."

And on that note, we must return to sport rocketry topics, and let the national treasure fend for itself.

You are cluless about what he is saying. You are cluless about strategic war issues. You are insensitive to military pride because you were never near it.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Why do you say that? Be specific.

Why do you say that? Be specific.

I have never been a member of the Armed Forces, neither have you. What's your point?

You missed it again :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

No, I got your point, you're a dipsh*t.
Tell us something we don't know.

"if you can trust a man's word, what good is it to put it on paper."
Post your own copy of the 4-1-91 PT agreement you signed and were served with.
My name is Jerry Irvine.
Have balls. Or not.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What's wrong jerry? Are you unable to answer the above questions?

First, why would I post such a thing? For starters, the date you mention is after the powertech partnership breakup, secondly, I was never served with such a document, and thirdly, you, jerry irvine, were fond guilty of civil fraud. Contracts and written agreements cannot be used to enforce a crime. Last time I checked, fraud was a crime.
But hey, nothing is stopping you from posting your fraudulent document.

The evidence is in. you Have no balls.

Because it would affirm my position.

It was broken up by court order in circa 1994.

Now proven.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Then why don't you post it?

jerry, you truncated My answer. Here it is again; "First, why would I post such a thing? For starters, the date you mention is after the powertech partnership breakup, secondly, I was never served with such a document, and thirdly, you, jerry irvine, were fond guilty of civil fraud. Contracts and written agreements cannot be used to enforce a crime. Last time I checked, fraud was a crime."

No such court order exists now or ever. powertech ceased to exist in '91 when the remaining partners kicked you out and filed suite against you for fraud.

Apparantly you are STILL unfamiliar with partnership law in CA.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

And you, apparently, are still unfamiliar with basic law. Here's a refresher:
1. When you are convicted of fraud, that means you lost and you have to pay up. It does not mean that you get to spend decades retrying the case on usenet instead of paying off the judgement against you.
2. Writing "stolen motor" on someone's flight card does not make it evidence of theft.
3. Ignoring the regulatory policies of DOT, ATF, CSFM and other such agencies can result in big fines or other unpleasantness, even if you think their policies are wrong.
Hope this helps!

Agreed but you know eventually one (or more) is gonna be lost. Only questions are how, when & where.

Some "types" of aircraft have had zero losses. Why not B-2 too?
Jerry

It's possible but I'm not betting on it.
Phil
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:42:08 -0400, Phil Stein

We can only hope that it's a bona fide combat loss, and not a stupid software error, mismanagement, or grand theft.