BARCLONE Website Request

It has been a while since I gave a report on the website, and so I thought I'd share with you some stats...

Since the BARCLONE site was first opened to the web in 2003, we have had

12,371 hits to the main page. This is truly encouraging.

I want everyone to know I am grateful for the interest that has been shown in these *original* designs, and I hope to be able to update the stock of designs early in the new year. Read on...

There have been over 7600 hits to the *Proven* plans page, and 4200 hits to the *Concept* page.

First, what can you expect to see in the coming weeks and months of

2005?

I am working on the digital images for 24 new designs, *ALL* of which are incorporating the Centuri-dimensioned parts now available through SEMROC. I am not promising that these will be the most outrageous designs. To the contrary, most of the new designs are quite simple to build, Skill Level 1 Concepts, which generally prove to be the most- often-flown rockets in any fleet. But they are different from those designs currently available commercially in kit form, and some are not- so-basic in appearance. I really think you'll like these.

Second, for those who have been involved in the discussion concerning the *wish list* of 13mm motors, I am including a few designs which at present can be built, but not flown, in a two-stage configuration. Perhaps by generating a few designs in this category I can somehow help out in the push to get 13mm boosters back into production. I, too, would like to fly multi-stage models in small-field and schoolyard-sized areas.

Third, a request: How many of you have downloaded a BARCLONE plan, and have actually built it? Have you flown it? I am aware of at least one Antares that was built sometime last year, but I do not know if it was ever flown. I have not heard of any other BARCLONES *in the wild*. I'd really like to know if there are any out there being flown, and what you think of the design(s) you're flying. I need to hear the feedback, so that I can improve the designs.

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to this project, and I would encourage everyone to try their hand at designing something for this great hobby. It can be a tool that you use when building a model, a jig or other special-duty *thing* which makes the task easier and, thus, makes your time more productive. It could be a field item that you use, something which makes setting up quicker, or breaking down less of a chore. It doesn't have to be a rocket design, although if you have a favorite design that you came up with, we'd love to post it and make it available to others. BARs helping BARs is still the philosophy for BARCLONE.

As soon as the new plans are available on the website, I'll make the appropriate announcements.

Again, thank you all for your continued interest in BARCLONE.

Craig McGraw

Scott D. Hansen

A10-Ps make nice boosters, albit not at nar offical events.

Reply to
AlMax