[AN] Cosmodrome website

I'm in the process of updating the cosmodrome rocketry website

and would like to have some opinions on it. I've still got some background images to go, but the main content and layout are in place. If anyone finds any technical errors or has trouble loading the pages please let me know.

thanks in advance mike cosmodrome rocketry

Reply to
Janine and Mike

There seems to be something amiss with the Black Brant II page. Maybe the image is too wide? Anyway, it obscures the menu.

The authorised dealers page, seems to have some sort of sub table in it. Maybe it's meant too, but most of the other pages don't have it. Same with the updates page.

When you first click on available kits and instructions, the menu collapses out OK, but there's nothing on the main page other than the title. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's a bit disconcerting.

You get a page not found if you click on updates or instructions from the menu while in the available kits page.

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I've also got two scroll bars on that page; one from my browser, and one inside the page itself. The one in the page scrolls the image, and the menu is chopped off at the bottom of the title bar (as Darren pointed out.)

When I fly over a menu button it shifts to the right, causing it to line up with the sub-menu items. Slightly confusing.

The Updates page also has two scroll bars; the in-the-page one scrolls both the content and the menu up below the title.

The Aerobee Hi instructios page has two scroll bars.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-Sr

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Yeah, but it's in italic, so still discernable.

P.S. I should have mentioned I was looking at the site in Firefox 1.0

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

fixed, thanks.

I'm not sure what this means, I don't have have any tables in that page. Can you elaborate?

This is one of the pages I need to add content to.

Fixed, thanks.

Thanks mike cosmodrome rocketry

Reply to
Janine and Mike

Any page that needs to scroll horizontally has this 'feature'. I have no idea why, but will find out and get ride of it. thanks.

I have the menus set up to do this. Should I remove the effect?

Thanks mike cosmodrome rocketry

Reply to
Janine and Mike

Lose the main tags and it goes away -- it's apparently a function of how the browsers handle that outer .

BTW, happens in both IE and Firefox.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Thanks, that seems to work. Will have it fixed tomorrow.

thanks mike cosmodrome rocketry

Reply to
Janine and Mike

Well, just because I don't like it isn't a reason to get rid of it. If it's intentional then it's up to you. I'm just picky, sometimes. ;)

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-Sr

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

It's just wierd, in my book. Maybe a preference thing, but it seems odd to me, to see it jump around like that.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Sorry, I meant to say frame, rather than table.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Does not work with AOL for MAC. I'll take a look at it with the IBM later.

-- Bruce Kirchner TRA L2 #5888 Michigan Team 1 High Power Rocketry Proud Gun Owner!

Reply to
Bruce Kirchner