Website update (x-post)

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind the crosspost. If it's a violation of any group policy then let me know and I'll refrain from doing it again in the future.
I've made a small update to the website with the first details on my trainwasher now online. I've also added a new "Latest News" page where I'll list any website updates rather than change the content on the home page. Finally, there's been some more e-passes added to that particular section.
There's also been a change of emphasis as I'm now looking at putting the layout in my loft rather than the shed as it will be cheaper to do so and would give me an extra 10'-14' if I do it right!
These are all minor updates but I've been having some building work done at the moment so it hasn't left much time for modelling!
The updates can all be found at:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Nice website, Shaun. Thanks for keeping us updated. I look forward to seeing the progress (and pictures) of your railroad and website as they grow.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Cheers for that. Modelling restarts in earnest next week as the builder has now finished my kitchen and the house has now returned to the version of normality that it had before.
I'm off to an exhibition in the next hour and looking forward to some new purchases.
2 things about the website. First, traffic in the forum has really picked up with a few posters posting anything up to 100 posts a day between them. If you feel like dropping by for a chat about model railways then you're more than welcome.
Secondly, if anyone has any non-UK retailers/manufacturers they'd like to recommend then feel free to do so. Especially seeing as American and German N gauge manufacturers seem to have a far wider range of lineside kits than UK manufacturers do.
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:

Oops. Meant to add that I'd then put a new links section on my website for any non-UK retailer/supplier links.
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:
Hi all once again,
OK, after having promised to do this for a while, I've now finally put a gallery online. The first pics are only of my test track and of a couple of my locos running on it but it's a start! The gallery can be found at:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/TestTrackGallery.htm
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:
Hi all,
Put yet another gallery online. This time it's 20 pictures showing the rolling stock I've got. The gallery can be found at:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/RollingStockPart1.htm
Hope you like them!
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:
Another gallery has now been added to the website. I've taken 30 pics of my rolling stock with coaches and wagons in attendance. I've put the pics online at the following location:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/RollingStockPart2.htm
Once you've looked at them then how about dropping by the forum for a chat. All are welcome. Honest! ;)
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/Forum /
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:
Been updating the website again and you'll love this - honestly! I've put a gallery of all my misatkes and cock-ups on the site and it can be found at:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/PreviousLayouts.htm
Don't laugh too hard. Please. ;)
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Model Railway Nut wrote:
Shaun wrote: Been updating the website again and you'll love this - honestly! I've put a gallery of all my misatkes and cock-ups on the site and it can be found at:-
http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net/PreviousLayouts.htm
Don't laugh too hard. Please. ;) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I like this page. Brings back memories of my early model railroading days!
<< misatkes>> ?
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net

I have no intention of laughing. Those of us who have built layouts have all made mistakes of some kind at one time or another in the past, and anyone who says (s)he hasn't is a bare-faced liar. The best thing about making mistakes is that you learn from them and make sure you don't make the same ones again.
Keep up the good work.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

I'll second that Jane. One of main motivations for getting back into the hobby is to try (now I'm older and wiser, and hopefully with a little more patience) to build something *without* the hash-ups I used to consider 'good enough' in my teens!
"Jane Sullivan" wrote

You should see some of the layouts (or train sets) which customers have shown me pictures of. Compared with some of them the OP's dog-legged rail joints are perfection personified.
John.
John Turner wrote:

They must be bad then!
MRN
--

The NGS N Gauge Modern Area Group website can be found at:-

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk
Jane Sullivan wrote:

Though learning from everyone elses mistakes (preferrably before you make them yourself) is a useful shortcut to the process.
Here's one I hope others can learn from without repeating:
When planning a split level layout, make sure that you have enough clearance between the levels for the stock, then a hand, then any equipment like, ooh, I dunno, point motors or something.
Nothing is quite so sickening as sending a train round the lower level only to hear it go 'crunch', as it connects with a solidly mounted point motor from the level above. Apart from not being able to get your hand in to get it out, obviously...
James Moody
--
aka: Major Denis Bloodnok | (\
ICQ: 7000473 | \ \ /)
Jane Sullivan wrote:

Hi Jane,
You're too kind by far. ;)
I'm now moving on to the next stage in the project. I've now secured enough TSO's to make up a full passenger train in the way I want and am just about to buy a brass kit for a 489 GLV to complete the train. Never having made a brass kit before, it promises to be fun!
MRN