BARCLONE News

A NOTE OF THANKS TO OUR WEBSITE VISITORS

When BARCLONE was opened up to the public this past February, our hopes were to give the model rocketry community a place to share ideas. This was the heart of our "BARs helping BARs" concept. With over two dozen rocket plans and several accessories available, the concept has proven itself worthy of the effort.

It is now our pleasure to announce the 5600th visitor to the website, and we would like to say THANK YOU to all who have stopped by. Your visits are encouraging to us, and it is our desire to continue providing useful ideas and new plans to the collection.

BARCLONE ASKS--

If you have built any of the plans from our site, we would certainly like to hear from you. Did the model build well? Has it flown, and did it fly as you anticipated? Do you have any pictures of your model during construction? Finished pictures? BARCLONE would like to publish your images along with the plans. If you have any comments about the design, let everyone know! We'll post your remarks for other builders to read. Would you like to see changes made to any design? We really want to hear about your ideas!

We also continue looking for new plans that can be shared with the community. Don't be afraid! Designs don't have to be the most elaborate and complex. They just need to be buildable and fun to fly! Upscales and downscales of older designs are also acceptable, just let us know where the original design came from.

SOMETHING TO PONDER--

In the 1960's and 1970's, we had two major kit lines (Estes and Centuri) to select models from, with a few other manufacturers around the fringes. Today, we have two major kit producers (Estes and Quest) to choose from, with a few other manufacturers around the fringes. Surprised? Today, we also have more sources to purchase components from than before. In some real ways, we have it much better than we did in the hey-day of rocketry! But we also have an atmosphere of uncertainty and doubt to deal with, not knowing how the regulatory environment is going to affect our hobby. BARCLONE is one place to show your enthusiasm for the hobby. How you feel about rocketry can best be demonstrated by your willingness to share ideas and observations. Rocketry NEEDS to see YOU actively enjoying it, and by sharing your successes with others, you can help the hobby remain strong.

Consider: Just one design from each visitor would overflow our server! Can you imagine that? Can you imagine having 5600 different plans to choose from? You CAN make that happen! BARCLONE is the place to share your enthusiasm. It's not possible for one person to be THAT creative, but 5600 people sending in ONE idea each can do it! We ALL need those numbers!

BARCLONE is here for you, fellow rocketry enthusiasts. HELP US make our website everything YOU need it to be.

Craig McGraw

Scott D. Hansen