Beacon

Been thinking about a 'BigRedBee'. I was wondering where a good place to put it would be? On the rocket I mean.

I clicked on the link for building a 70cm beam. I think a 5 ele beam is a little overkill. Look here:

someone gave me one for climbing on his roof....they're very inexpensive.

If you're gonna spend $100 for the rig etc., spend another $30 for one of these...just have a bnc to sma adapter for your radio if you need one. I plan on using my ICOM Q7A for such things.

Of course you can build a handheld 70cm beam VERY inexpensively.

Just Google It!

Oh, before I get reamed, I downloaded the schematic and pic source code, all is very clear and can be made BUT....Get the board! And everything else. If this is what you want, pay the c-note and be done with it....good deal.

Greg's got ya there! I'll be ordering.

KB1LBY

Reply to
Zman

Put it inside a 35mm film cannister and tape it (electrical tape) to the recovery harness inside the airframe.

Get with the program already; I got my two a couple of weeks ago. 8-}

They are indeed nice units.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski