Engines Online

Been Googlin' engines, none locally, at least not the ones recommended by the folks I bought the kits from.
If anyone here has to buy engines online, where have you found to be a
good source?
Don't want to start a scrap, opinions are fine.
Thanks!
Zman wrote:

For plain vanilla Estes engines, support your local hobby shop. If they don't have any locally, I've dealt with A2Z Hobbies, eHobbies, and Commonwealth Displays (to name a few) for engines. That's not that there aren't others to deal with, but I'm just mentioning some that I've bought from. Be careful of shipping charges with eHobbies, as sometimes they make mistakes on that. Be aware that some shipments MAY have a hazmat charge thrown on, make sure it is 'legitimate' for what you are buying.
David Erbas-White
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:54:08 -0700, David Erbas-White

OK David, I understand. I always try to support my local hobby shop. Recently here, there opened in town (a) hobby shop. I live just southwest of the White Mtns. in NH, there just isn't alot here. I can however travel 30 mi. North or 30 mi. South and perhaps find something that may or may not satisfies me.
If I can buy it locally I will. 30 mi. isn't far....if they have what you want.
thanks!
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadidb37
shockie B)

I've had good luck in the past with mailorder from HobbyLinc (www.hobbylinc.com). Their prices were very good, they shipped fast, and resolved a couple of problems very quickly. I haven't ordered from them in about 2 years, though, so I can't guarantee that they're still doing as well as they used to. If I recall correctly, their shipping charges were very reasonable.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
Mike Pearson <see .sig> wrote:

Haven't changed and the shipping costs are still reasonable. Nothing above a G engine but still the pricing is good. Agree, support the local hobby shop. If not one available, mail order.
I would have to drive 80 to 100mile one way to find a place so I do alot of mail/computer order.
Kurt Savegnago
I agree with support your local hobby shop, particularly the independant shop. But...
If your local Michael's store has rockets, wait for their 40% or 50% off coupons and go but a bulk pack of Estes motors. This is probably the best motor value you can get.
Bill Sullivan
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." - Lazarus Long
Also check out Wallmart. A-C motors 3 for $5.
*sigh*...I wish Wal Mart and Michaels in Canada sold rocket motors...
R.