Documentary

I am not sure if I'm supposed to laugh, or cringe, at this:
http://www.negrospaceprogram.com /#

Tyler Durden wrote:

ROTFLMAO!
Instant classic!
Three Thumbs up!!! - Amos and Andy

I think not !

Their is a book about the 13th, a woman. Sorry Luna

What meat are you beating ?

off
The information about Robert Lawrence appears to be correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Henry_Lawrence,_Jr .
I can not find any supporting information for Edward Dwight that doesn't look like it came from a 14 year old.
http://www.newcommunity.org/clarion/jun99/articles/p12-2.html
Any other information would have to be verified.
-Aaron
Aaron wrote:

From the book "Fallen Astronauts", by Colin Burgess (considered the definitive work on many of the 'forgotten astronauts'):
"One truly controversial member of Class IV was Captain Edward Dwight, who had entered the air force in 1953, eventually logging more than two thousand hours in jet fighters while also carrying out a two-year tour as a B-57 pilot. Dwight, who had a degree in aeronautical engineering, found himself the focus of much unwanted media attention when he joined the aerospace school. He was African American, and there was extreme pressure on the ARPS to qualify him as an astronaut. It was tantamount to an order, and in came directly from General Curtis LeMay, the air force chief of staff. He was responding in turn to a demand from Attorney General Bobby Knnedy to qualify a black officer as an astronaut, whatever it took, so the administration could assert there was no discrimination in the air force or in the nation's space agency."
"Dwight had originally been part of a reserve list to join Class IV, but the orders from above saw his name included in the list of fifteen. This only served to outrage the head of the ARPS, Chuck Yeager, who checked out Dwight and rated him as "an average pilot with an average academic background. He wasn't a bad pilot, but he wasn't exceptionally talented either. Flying with a good bunch in a squadron, he would probably get by. But he just couldn't compete in the space course aganst the best crop of experienced military test pilots." Dwight eventually graduated, but Yeager had made sure his name was placed at the very bottom of the list of graduates, knowing full well that NASA would only ever consider the top eight in each class for the civilian space program."
My interpretation of all the above -- Dwight was one of the early 'victims' of affirmative action. He would probably have survived the selection process of today's NASA, but he was 'forced' on the program as a 'token' black, not as someone who had actually earned the position solely on merit (or frankly, the 'first Black' in many positions has had to prove themselves far BETTER than their contemporaries, in order to break the color barrier, particularly during the Civil Rights movement). Because of that, he didn't make it.
David Erbas-White
You, sir, are as offensive as your language. Please go away and never offend this forum with your presence again...
If you were overheard using that language at a launch, you would be asked to leave. NAR _OR_ TRA, it doesn't matter. Your racist attitude and offensive language are obsolete. Please return to the obscurity from whence you came...
Don't bother responding to me... You just made the filter...
James
<< a bunch of offensive garbage that should not be read by anyone >>
Why James, I didn't realize you control my freedom of speech! I guess there is a little NAZI in all of us!
So when did NAR get into the civil rights and 1st ammendment battle? And how is my attitude RACIST? I used WORDS in a certain CONTEXT, and that automatically makes me a racist ... OMG ... you voted for Hillary didn't you? Or you would of if you had the chance?
This kneejerk reponce is why we CAN'T have meaningful dialogue when it comes to race in this country. White men are really AFFRAID to speak about the condition of our society because we are affraid to recieve the lable of biggot.
James, if you put down the Red Bull, have a smoke, and go back and READ what I posted, and comprehend, you will see that my posting was very PRO black, and not a racial slander against blacks. On the other hand, you a free to interpret it anyway you desire ... just don't put words/meaning into my mouth ... thanks!
Marino ... isn't Marino spanish? Did you hear the one about the Spanish Drunk, the Rabbi and the Pope? Oh, better not go there less I be labled a racist once again!
Lunar "Can't Jump" Bob

Add one more "identifying" word to your signature.
Please sir,
Go and do those things you say you enjoy. Your presence, demeanor, and languge are all offensive. THIS MEANS YOU ARE A HORSES ASS regardless of your education or intellect.
Dennis

Dennis,
Isn't it a shame we have fools like this idiot involved in our hobby? Shame we can't just get him drummed out of the TRA. I think he actually believes what he has posted. What a pity. If his attitude weren't so offensive, he might be good for a laugh.
Education and intellect? You have GOT to be kidding! This man can't spell at a fourth grade level! The man has no intelligence, or he would realize that his freedom of speech does not include patently offending everyone around him any more than it would include yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Makes me wonder if he would be willing to exercise his freedom of speech in downtown Watts. Or his daughter's classroom. But then, he wouldn't have a daughter, or a son. (But then, he just might. Then he could pass along his ignorance to the next generation of idiots. And that is part of the problem. This fool actually believes the crap that he is spouting, and will do his damnedest to perpetuate his offensive and racist attitudes.)
And thanks for leaving his post attached to yours, otherwise I would not have seen it. I really did add him to my filter. He is now in good company with the other boneheads that frequent this forum. The list is growing... unfortunately.
Take care, Dennis.
James

[another "lost" post from 23 Aug 2005 09:01:46 -0500]

http://amfcse.org/honor/lawrence.htm
THE source for astronaut info is http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/index.html

I'm waiting.
READ Mr. Irvine ... like the felony court papers you hold ... read what I posted.
I want to buy 200lbs of Rocket motors ... please just place them in a plain brown box and stencle on the side: Encylopedias
Shhh I won't tell!
LOL ... you UNcitizen!
Jerry Irvine wrote:

OMG I just watched the NASSA film documentary for the 10th time and it gets funnier every time! That shot of "Whites Only" stencled inside the door of that Gemini capsule, and the blackstonaut being fired unfire into the tree and exploding! OMFG this thing is hallarious!
The Klan leading Glenn up the gantry ... I salute the makers of this film! Very "Blazing Saddles"esq , and just as funny!
Now where did I place my monthy donation to the NAACP or make that the NASSA?! LOL ... you have to view this NASSA documentary!

Racist.
ahh Jerry, this is america, remember? we have the constitutional right to be a racist or a bigot.....heck this country was partially built on racism and bigotry........
just because this bozohead used the "N" word doesn't mean hes a rascist, nor does it just because he finds that "documentary" funny.... Heck for all we know lunar Bob make be an african american. (I still call africam americans Black people so I guess that makes me a racist, since I don''t use the current politically correct term?) You of all people should not be so politically correct..its fun to jump and pile on somebody else isn't it? Any way I guess I'm a racist too, since I call illegal immigrants, illegal aliens....
The only people we can insult and make fun of anymore are poor white southern people:especially southern white males. ya know? the rednecks, and trailer-trash, the ones that have no teeth, because they live their lifes in poverty and have to decide whether to pay for food or dental bills?
shockie B)

Was E.T. an illegal alien?
Maybe if we legalize them, they'll show up. Rumor has they eat politicians and pee gasoline.