Dr. Evil speech

I so much want to see an opening Saturday Night Live skit where he is running an idea by his cabinet. He wants to get back into "Star Wars", but says Reagan was thinking small. He's watched these Star Wars movies and decided that to wage a more effective war on terrorism, he wants to build a Death Star.

"It was about the size of a small moon and I don't see why we can't retrofit our moon for that purpose."

"Sir, I don't think you understand, that will destroy the entire planet."

"Well, how is that a problem if we colonize the moon? Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

Reply to
SkyPirate

And when you order the Coke device to do something, the "server" will say, "is Pepsi okay?"

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Alex Mericas

But can I get "curly fries" with pepsi?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

correction: ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Reply to
tai fu

not including the interest on the debt

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

But we'd have never gone to Kuwait if their primary export was broccoli :-)

Agreed. I'd gladly direct all my tax money that's funding the military to NASA. And especially all my tax dollars going to the DOJ, HSA, and other JBGTs.

Bob Kaplow

Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down That's not my department, says Wernher von Braun

Bob Kaplow

Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun, A man whose allegiance Is ruled by expedience. Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown, "Ha, Nazi, Schmazi," says Wernher von Braun.

Don't say that he's hypocritical, Say rather that he's apolitical. "Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Some have harsh words for this man of renown, But some think our attitude Should be one of gratitude, Like the widows and cripples in old London town, Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.**

You too may be a big hero, Once you've learned to count backwards to zero. "In German oder English I know how to count down, Und I'm learning Chinese!" says Wernher von Braun.

Well, it's not in THAT song. So I'm guessing you are refering to "There is just one thing I can promise you about the outer space program: your tax dollars will go farther." -- Wernher Von Braun

Next week. On the new moon.

Bob Kaplow

As I've become fond of pointing out, that $78 billion for the Iraq war would have paid fpr a lot of space launches (even in the inflated cost context of the NASA shuttle program)...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I've always liked: " I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London".

Reply to
Christopher Deem

BIG FRIGGIN' CLUE BELOW (and following)!

Geez. How many hints do I need?

Do you people read the paper or online news?

Does the word "taikonaut" ring a bell?

Did anyone read the book 2010 (not the movie)?

Does anyone know where Estes kits are made?

Did Jerry eat everyone's brain? Irvine Spongiform Encephalopathy?

-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader (hell, even THAT title is a hint)

Reply to
Fred Shecter

10

No. We are glued to rmr.

No.

I am not literate.

ROC

I am NOT a vegitarian. Nor a sewer worker :)

Huh?

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Especially since the war cost was front loaded and the space cost is back loaded.

I am obviously a space proponent, but I am in favor of the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq indepoendent of excuse.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's the problem with flying to the, half a century (well nearly) later you feel the need to do it again.

We have more to thank the Chinese for than the invention of gunpowder.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

OK, you must be refering to

Now go turn your html off.

Bob Kaplow

You guys are likely on to something. Nothing like a little competition to give the space program a shot in the arm! Of course the Soviets used to claim that there was no "Space Race", that they weren't really trying to get to the moon at all.

Riiiiiight.

In any event, I'm not sure the average citizen sees things the same in 2004 as they did in 1957 and I'm seeing no indication President Bush's plan is being embraced the way President Kennedy's was.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Oliver