News to me, Dr. Raleigh Williams R.I.P.

I just received a note from a friend in N. Carolina that Dr. Raleigh Williams had passed away in July. It was the first I had heard of it. I was surprised that none of the discussion groups, IPMS national site or any of the modeling sites had mentioned this. I had know "Dr. Raleigh" for many years having been able to spend time with him at various national IPMS conventions in the past and occasionally sharing an evening meal when day was done after hours in the contest room or vendors' room. As I said I really would have expected that some notice would have shown up somewhere among our modeling fellowship. Anyway "Dr. Raleigh" was a truly talented modeler and a wonderful gentleman of the "old school" and I know that I ,like many others ,will miss his great smile and friendship deeply. Cliff Davis, IPMS / USA 3687 Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Reply to
Ol' 45