Were the Nats ever held other then summer?

I would like to attend the Nats more often, but dragging the wife to the deep south in the middle of summer just isn't going to happen. Any chance of holding it in a cooler time of the year? Just curious.....................Joe

Reply to
Joe Drees

Joe asked:

Not in the near future. The IPMS/USA Constition and By-Laws requires that the Convention happen in July or August of each year.

It would first require a change to the CBL to have the event in other months.

You can find the entire IPMS USA CBL at

Nat Richards

Reply to
Richa5011

Reply to
Cliff Davis

Interestingly, the highest summer temps ever recorded in Chicago and St. Louis are higher than the highest summer temps ever recorded in Atlanta. Atlanta is over 1000 feet in elevation. It's not sweater weather by any means, but since we got air conditioning in 1984 and indoor plumbing in '87, Atlanta can be quite nice in the summer.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

but it's still in georgia, right? (ggg) i actually love atlanta, after boston, it's my fave pretty town.

2005 will be lots of fun. Plenty to see and do along with what will be a great Nats.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

in article befpkf$8le$ snipped-for-privacy@slb0.atl.mindspring.net, Art Murray at snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote on 07/08/03 8:03 PM:

I had a summer job in Atlanta during my college days and found the area quite pleasant. It was far better than a summer in Dallas!

MBell

Reply to
Milton Bell

Having gone to the US Nats in Dallas, I can only wonder that human life survives there at all. It's a giant dry sauna.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Stephen Tontoni wrote: : : Having gone to the US Nats in Dallas, I can only wonder that human life : survives there at all. It's a giant dry sauna. : Geez, you'd think the Nats were held outside under an umbrella...

Just keep in mind that "it's a dry heat" as you leave several sq. in. of seared flesh on the bare aluminum next year...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden